Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Filipino-style braised chicken recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Filipino-style braised chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Filipino-style braised chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Methods To Live Green And Save Money In The Kitchen.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the surroundings. That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared burden we have for turning things around. The experts are agreed that we are unable to transform things for the better without everyone’s active participation. Each and every family should start generating changes that are environmentally friendly and they must do this soon. The kitchen is a good starting point saving energy by going much more green.
Perhaps the food isn’t quite as good when cooked in the microwave, but it will save you money to use it over your oven. The energy used by cooking in an oven is actually greater by 75%, and possibly this small amount of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. Countertop appliances will boil water or steam vegetables more rapidly than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. You will be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned way, but you would be wrong. Especially if you make sure the dishwasher is full previous to starting a cycle. By cool drying or even air drying the dishes besides heat drying them, you can increase the amount of money you save.
From the above it ought to be obvious that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. Environmentally friendly living is not really that tough. Typically, all it requires is a little common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to filipino-style braised chicken recipe. You can have filipino-style braised chicken using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Filipino-style braised chicken:
- Get 4 of chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on.
- Take 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Use 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Provide 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1 cup of passata (or crushed tomatoes).
- Take 1 cup of chicken stock.
- Get of Maggi liquid seasoning.
- Get 1 cup of frozen peas.
Steps to make Filipino-style braised chicken:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add a splash of veg oil to a medium pan on medium-high heat and brown the chicken, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove the chicken to a plate and drain all but a few tablespoons of oil from the pan..
- Add the onions to the pan and sweat them for 1 minute. Add the garlic and sweat another minute..
- Turn your stove exhaust to high (trust me on this) and add the fish sauce to the pan. Add the passata and chicken stock and turn the heat down to medium-low..
- Return the chicken to the pan. Add 6 to 8 dashes of Maggi and cover. Let simmer 35 to 40 minutes, turning the thighs over every few minutes..
- Remove the cover and add the peas. Let simmer for a minute more, then serve over rice..
If you find this Filipino-style braised chicken recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.