Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Filipino-style braised chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Filipino-style braised chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Methods To Live Green And Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the ecosystem. That’s a thing of the past now, with everyone being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared obligation we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living more environmentally friendly we won’t be able to correct the problems of the environment. Each and every family ought to start creating changes that are environmentally friendly and they have to do this soon. Continue reading for some ways to go green and save energy, generally in the kitchen.
A lot of electricity is wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not working efficiently. If you can get a new one, they use about 60% less than the old versions which might be more than ten years old. The right temperature settings for your fridge and freezer, whereby you’ll be saving electrical power and optimising the preservation of food, is 37F and also 0F. Checking that the condenser is definitely clean, which means that the motor needs to run less regularly, will also save electricity.
The kitchen by itself provides you with many small ways by which energy and money can be saved. It is reasonably uncomplicated to live green, all things considered. A lot of it really is merely utilizing common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to filipino-style braised chicken recipe. You can have filipino-style braised chicken using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Filipino-style braised chicken:
- Take 4 of chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on.
- Take 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Get 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Get 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Take 1 cup of passata (or crushed tomatoes).
- You need 1 cup of chicken stock.
- Take of Maggi liquid seasoning.
- Provide 1 cup of frozen peas.
Instructions to make Filipino-style braised chicken:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add a splash of veg oil to a medium pan on medium-high heat and brown the chicken, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove the chicken to a plate and drain all but a few tablespoons of oil from the pan..
- Add the onions to the pan and sweat them for 1 minute. Add the garlic and sweat another minute..
- Turn your stove exhaust to high (trust me on this) and add the fish sauce to the pan. Add the passata and chicken stock and turn the heat down to medium-low..
- Return the chicken to the pan. Add 6 to 8 dashes of Maggi and cover. Let simmer 35 to 40 minutes, turning the thighs over every few minutes..
- Remove the cover and add the peas. Let simmer for a minute more, then serve over rice..
If you find this Filipino-style braised chicken recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.