Mike's Chunky Chili Verde.
Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, mike's chunky chili verde. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Mike's Chunky Chili Verde is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Mike's Chunky Chili Verde is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook mike's chunky chili verde using 34 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Chunky Chili Verde:
- Take of ● For The Pork.
- Get of Pork Loin [cut into 1"+ cubes].
- Take of AP Flour.
- Make ready of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Make ready of Kosher Salt.
- Get of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- Take of Granulated Onion Powder.
- Take of Green Chili Powder.
- Get of Ground Cumin [reserve one tbsp].
- Get of Cooking Oil.
- Make ready of ● For The Vegetables [rough chop all].
- Make ready of Buckets Hatch Green Chilies [reserve 1].
- Get of LG White Onions [chopped].
- Take of LG Bunch Fresh Cilantro [reserve half].
- Prepare of Green Bell Pepper [deseeded].
- Prepare of LG Jalapeños [deseeded].
- Make ready of LG Celery Stalk.
- Get of Medium Potatoes [to be added last].
- Get of Fresh Garlic [smashed & chopped].
- Make ready of Can ROTELL.
- Get of Can Tomiitillas j[hand crushed].
- Take of ● For The Fluids [you may not need all].
- Take of Boxes Chicken Broth.
- Get of Mexican Beers.
- Prepare of ● For The Side Options.
- Get of Flour Tortillas.
- Take of Tortilla Chips.
- Get of Sour Cream.
- Make ready of Cilantro.
- Make ready of Avacados.
- Take of Shreadded Lettuce.
- Prepare of Lime Wedges.
- Get of While Onions.
- Prepare of Refried Beans.
Steps to make Mike's Chunky Chili Verde:
- Chop all vegetables and add everything in the Vegetable section except for one bucket of Hatch Green Chilies and potatoes. Also, add your reserved tbsp Cumin..
- Chop your potatoes and place in cold water for use later..
- Mix your flour mixture in a bowl with a tight fitting lid..
- Cut your pork into 1"+ cubes. Add to your flour mixture and shake well. Add your oil to a hot skillet. Add pork and get a good brown sear on them. While you shouldn't overcrowd your meats in a pan – since you'll be simmering your pork for an extended period – you'll be okay..
- Add your chopped vegetables to skillet. Also, add 1 beer and 1 box chicken broth. Simmer until pork cubes are pull apart tender. Usually 1 hour covered..
- Drain potatoes and add to skillet. Add additional beer and broth and let simmer for 20 minutes. Or, until potatoes are soft. Add only enough fluids to simmer your potatoes. You don't want your Verde too runny. Just add as needed..
- Add your reserved bucket of Hatch Green Chilies and reserved Cilantro to the skillet. Simmer just until fully warmed. Taste test at this point and decide if you want more Cumin, granulated garlic and onion powder since flavors can dissipate with long simmer times. I'll always add more of each..
- Tecate Mexican beer pictured. Always an excelent choice!.
- Hatch Green Chili pictured..
- Serve with fresh cilantro, avacados flour tortillas and sour cream. Or, the other items listed above. Your choice!.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food mike's chunky chili verde recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!