Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Yule log recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Yule log recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. Poor diet is one factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to lead a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make several minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
These sorts of changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil, for instance, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can likewise be healthy for your skin as it is a great source of vitamin E. It could be that you already believe that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. Organic foods are a superb choice and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemicals. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
To sum up, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to yule log recipe. To cook yule log you only need 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Yule log:
- Use of egg whites, room temperature (appx 1 hr).
- Take of suga.
- Provide of egg yolks.
- Take of unsweetened cocoa.
- Take of vanilla extract.
- Provide of salt.
- Use of confectioners' sugar.
- Provide of Filling.
- Use of heavy cream, chilled.
- Get of confectioners' sugar.
- Take of unsweetened cocoa.
- Use of instant coffee.
- Get of vanilla extract.
Instructions to make Yule log:
- Grease the bottom of a 15x10x1" jelly roll pan; line w/ waxed paper; grease slightly. Preheat oven to 375. In a lg electric mixer bowl, at high speed, beat egg whites until soft peaks form when beaters are slowly lifted. Add 1/4 c sugar, 2 T at a time, beating until stiff peaks form when beaters are slowly lifted..
- With the same beaters, beat yolks at high speed, adding remaining 1/2 c sugar, 2 T at a time; beat until mixture is very thick, appx 4 minutes. At low speed, beat in cocoa, vanilla, salt, just until smooth. With wire whisk or rubber spatula, gently fold cocoa mixture into egg whites just until blended (no egg whites should show)..
- Spread evenly in pan. Bake 15 minutes, just until surface springs back when gently pressed with fingertip. Sift confectioner's sugar in a 15×10" rectangle on a clean linen towel. Turn cake out on sugar; lift off pan; peel paper off cake. Roll up cake jelly-roll-fashion, starting with the short end towel and all. Cool completely on rack, seam side down..
- FILLING: Combine ingredients in medium bowl. Beat with electric mixer until thick; chill..
- TO ASSEMBLE: Unroll cake; spread with filling to 1" from edge; reroll. Place, seam side down, on plate. Cover loosely with foil. Chill at least 1 hour before serving..
- TO SERVE: Sprinkle yule log w/ confectioner's sugar and decorate with red candied cherries and green angelica "leaves". If you can't find angelica, use cut up green candied cherries. NOTE:You may make the Yule Log up to a week ahead and freeze, wrapped in foil. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving..
If you find this Yule log recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.