Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Thai Basil Chicken and Rice recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Thai Basil Chicken and Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Basil Chicken and Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better.
Many of us have been taught to think that comfort foods are not good and should be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is essentially candy or other junk foods, this is true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be completely nutritious and it’s good for you to eat them. Several foods actually do boost your mood when you consume them. If you seem to be a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Eggs, believe it or not, can be truly great at dealing with depression. You should make sure, though, that what you make includes the yolk. When you wish to cheer yourself up, the egg yolk is the most important part of the egg. Eggs, the yolks especially, are loaded with B vitamins. These B vitamins are wonderful for helping to improve your mood. This is because these vitamins increase the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that affect how you feel). Try eating a few eggs to feel better!
So you see, you don’t need to consume all that junk food when you want to feel better! Try several of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to thai basil chicken and rice recipe. To cook thai basil chicken and rice you only need 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Thai Basil Chicken and Rice:
- Provide of Tbl. oil.
- Provide of fresh hot chillies (to taste).
- Use of onion.
- Take of garlic.
- Provide of chicken.
- Use of sugar or honey.
- Provide of Tbl. soy sauce.
- Prepare of Tbl. fish sauce.
- Get of chicken broth.
- Use of fresh basil.
- Take of peanuts optional).
- Get of cooked rice.
Instructions to make Thai Basil Chicken and Rice:
- Dice chillies, onion, garlic.
- If using chicken pieces, dice chicken, i was using a large, very hot, jalapeno today, but any you have/like will do. Crushed red pepper will do if you don't have fresh chillies..
- In a wok/stir-fry/skillet on high heat, put oil.
- Add diced veggies to hot oil, stir fry 1 minute.
- Add chicken, stir for 2 minutes.
- Add sugar/honey, soy sauce and fish sauce, stir for 1 minute.
- Deglaze with broth, stir constantly until liquid is reduced by about half..
- Add basil and rice, turn heat down to medium. Stir until basil wilts..
- Add peanuts, stir for 1 minute.
- Serve, garnish with sesame seeds, green onions.
To make the Thai Chicken with Basil: Heat the avocado (or other) oil in the same pan as you cooked the cauliflower rice. Fish sauce is considered ketchup in the world of Thai cooking and it is crucial for the Thai flavor. It's important to use Thai sweet basil to get the authentic Thai restaurant taste. And don't skip the fish sauce, it smells strong in the bottle, but it blends in I added a little extra rice and oyster sauce, as well as Thai Golden Mountain seasoning sauce (maybe half a teaspoon?), and I used chicken instead. It's so quick to whip up, budget-friendly, and SO GOOD!
If you find this Thai Basil Chicken and Rice recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.