Lemon Pound Cake.
Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, lemon pound cake. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Lemon Pound Cake is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Lemon Pound Cake is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have lemon pound cake using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Lemon Pound Cake:
- Take 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Get 1 cup (2 sticks) of butter, softened at room temperature.
- Get 1 cup of sugar, plus 1/3 cup.
- Take 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of lemon juice, plus 1/3 cup sugar.
Instructions to make Lemon Pound Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 6-cup loaf pan and line it with parchment or waxed paper. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt..
- In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment (or using a hand mixer), cream the butter. Add 1 cup of the sugar and mix. With the mixer running at low speed, add the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla..
- Working in alternating batches, and mixing after each addition, add the dry ingredients and 1/4 cup of the lemon juice to the butter mixture. Mix until just smooth.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake until raised in the center and a tester inserted into the center comes out dry and almost clean (a few crumbs are OK), 65 to 75 minutes..
- Meanwhile, make the glaze: In a small bowl, stir together the remaining 1/3 cup sugar and the remaining 1/3 cup lemon juice until the sugar is dissolved..
- When the cake is done, let cool in the pan 15 minutes (it will still be warm). Run a knife around the sides of the pan. Set a wire rack on a sheet pan with sides (to catch the glaze) and turn the cake out onto the rack. Peel off the waxed paper..
- Using a pastry brush, spread glaze all over the top and sides of the cake and let soak in. Repeat until the entire glaze is used up, including any glaze that has dripped through onto the sheet pan. Let cool at room temperature or, wrapped in plastic wrap, in the refrigerator (Well wrapped, the cake will last up to a week). Serve at room temperature, in thin slices..
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food lemon pound cake recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!