Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Garlic Mashed Potatoes recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Garlic Mashed Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Garlic Mashed Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that many people assume it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by making a few small changes.
Initially, you will need to be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you don’t wish to eat. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? A superb healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been proven to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy daily. By putting in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Evidently, it’s not hard to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to garlic mashed potatoes recipe. To make garlic mashed potatoes you need 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Garlic Mashed Potatoes:
- Prepare 5 lbs of potatoes.
- Take 2 sticks of butter.
- Get 1/2 cup of roasted garlic puree (see my recipe for this ingredient).
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Get 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
Instructions to make Garlic Mashed Potatoes:
- Rinse potatoes well. (Very important step).
- Cut potatoes into small chunks and place into large pot. (Hint: you can peel your potatoes before cutting them for a smoother texture, but I prefer to keep the skins for a more rugged, manly batch of mashed potatoes).
- Fill with water and bring to a boil. Continue to boil until potatoes are fork-tender (about 15-20 min depending on the size of your chunks).
- Drain water and return potato chunks to pot..
- Use a potato masher to break chunks down into a mushy consistency..
- Incorporate butter until it is melted and no longer visible.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well..
Take as little off as possible in order to have each individual clove exposed. Place garlic on aluminum foil, drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of coarse sea salt. How to Make Perfect Mashed Potato To make the perfect garlic mash, first boil the potatoes along with a couple of garlic cloves, still in their skin, until the potatoes are tender enough to fall off a fork when you test them. You want the potatoes nice and soft the whole way through otherwise you'll end up with lumpy mash. Place potatoes and whole garlic cloves in a large pot and cover with salted water to cover potatoes by about an inch.
If you find this Garlic Mashed Potatoes recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.