Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Easy Garlic Mashed potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy Garlic Mashed potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. There are a lot of diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Even though we’re constantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all likelihood, most people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
These better food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. It might be that you already think that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. Organic foods are a great alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to easy garlic mashed potatoes recipe. You can cook easy garlic mashed potatoes using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Easy Garlic Mashed potatoes:
- Prepare 6 of medium peeled potatoes, cut into quarters.
- Get Tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter or margarine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Provide of Enough milk to thin potatoes to your taste, a splash at a time.
- Get to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Take 1 of tsp, more or less, garlic powder.
Instructions to make Easy Garlic Mashed potatoes:
- Put chopped potatoes in a medium sauce pan and just cover with water. Add salt to the water and boil potatoes on medium heat til tender. About 20 minutes..
- When tender, drain potatoes and return them to the pot, add the stick of butter, put the lid on and let it melt..
- Once butter melts, I unlid and mash well with a potato masher. Add sour cream, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and mash some more. Add milk as needed, a splash at a time, until you get the consistency you want..
- I add 1 tbsp of butter to melt on top and return the lid..
Put the drained potatoes back in the pot. Squeeze the roasted garlic into the potatoes and begin mashing with a potato masher or a large fork. Add the cream and butter and mash until the potatoes are the consistency you want. Heat the half-and-half and the garlic in a medium saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Remove from heat and set aside.
If you find this Easy Garlic Mashed potatoes recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.