Steps to Make Ultimate Cottage Pie
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, cottage pie. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Cottage Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Cottage Pie is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook cottage pie using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Cottage Pie:
- Take 3 tbsp. of olive oil, divided.
- Get 1 tbsp. of butter.
- Get 1 lb. of ground beef.
- Make ready 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- Take 1/2 tsp. of each salt, pepper, dried rosemary.
- Get 1/4 tsp. of dried thyme.
- Get 3 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- Make ready 1 1/2 cups of unsalted beef broth.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of frozen peas and carrot mixture.
- Prepare 3 cups of already prepared mashed poatoes.
- Take 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese.
Steps to make Cottage Pie:
- In a large, deep skillet, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Once its hot, add the beef and cook until it is browned throughout. Drain out any fat, if needed, then set it aside on a plate and cover with foil..
- Add the remaining oil and butter to the skillet. Once the butter melts, add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent. Then stir in the garlic and tomato paste. Cook and stir another minute or so, then add the beef back to the skillet with the seasonings. Increase the heat to med-high..
- Sprinkle the flour over the beef and stir to integrate. Cook and stir often for a couple of minutes, then stir in the broth and Worcestershire sauce. Let the mixture come up to a simmer and let it simmer until it has thickened (5-10 minutes. The gravy should coat the back of a spoon). Then remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the frozen veggies..
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 8×8" baking pan, then pour the beef mixture into it and spread it out evenly. Stir the cheese into the mashed potatoes (if using leftovers like I do, warm the potatoes up slightly first). Then scoop the mashed potatoes evenly over the top and use a fork to spread them out, being careful not to mix it into the beef mixture. Bake for 25 or so minutes, until golden on top and heated throughout. Then let it sit for 10 or so minutes before serving..
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food cottage pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!