Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mussels in Ginger Broth – quick & easy Filipino Nilagang Tahong recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mussels in Ginger Broth – quick & easy Filipino Nilagang Tahong recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Techniques To Live Green And Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the environment. Those days are over, and it appears we all comprehend our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. The experts are agreed that we cannot transform things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. Each and every family should start creating changes that are environmentally friendly and they have to do this soon. The kitchen area is a good starting point saving energy by going more green.
Let us begin with something really easy, changing the particular light bulbs. Obviously you shouldn’t confine this to just the cooking area. You really need to replace your incandescent lights with energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. They cost somewhat more at first, but they last ten times longer, and use a lesser amount of electricity. One of the advantages is that for every one of these lightbulbs used, it signifies that approximately ten normal lightbulbs less will end up at a landfill site. Together with different light bulbs, you have to learn to leave the lights off if they are not needed. The family spends a lot of time in the cooking area, and how often does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. Certainly this also happens in different rooms, not simply the kitchen. Do an exercise if you like; have a look at the amount of electricity you can save by turning the lights off whenever you don’t need them.
The kitchen alone provides you with many small methods by which energy and money can be saved. It is quite easy to live green, of course. A lot of it really is basically making use of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mussels in ginger broth – quick & easy filipino nilagang tahong recipe. To make mussels in ginger broth – quick & easy filipino nilagang tahong you need 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Mussels in Ginger Broth – quick & easy Filipino Nilagang Tahong:
- Use of mussels, cleaned well.
- Prepare of Cooking oil.
- Get of medium onion, coarsely chopped.
- Take of garlic, coarsely chopped.
- Take of (1-2 inch size) ginger, sliced.
- Take of fish sauce.
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper.
- Use of Water.
- Take of green chili, whole (optional).
- Use of Green Onions, chopped (optional).
- Provide of tomato (optional, gives different taste).
- You need of spinach or hot pepper leaves (optional).
Steps to make Mussels in Ginger Broth – quick & easy Filipino Nilagang Tahong:
- Remove beard and clean mussels well with a toothbrush under running water..
- In a pot, heat oil and sauté the onions, garlic and ginger. Add tomato if desired, I prefer none to keep the sea taste in the soup. Mash in pot..
- Once onions are translucent, place 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, drop in mussels, add enough water to reach the mussels on top of the pot (water would depend on your pot size. Less water = more flavour). Season with drops of fish sauce. Sprinkle some fresh ground pepper. Cover..
- Simmer until shells open. Remove any scum rising to the top. Taste and adjust according to desired saltiness and ginger spiciness- use fish sauce, salt, pepper, drop in chili, if desired, add more ginger if needed. Simmer 3 minutes more..
- Discard shells that did not open. These were dead when they were bought, and unsafe to eat..
- Add spinach or pepper leaves if desired. (None added in photo) Garnish with chopped green onions. Stir. Turn off heat and cover to cook leaves in residual heat. Serve and enjoy..
If you find this Mussels in Ginger Broth – quick & easy Filipino Nilagang Tahong recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.