Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Basic Marinara recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Basic Marinara recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Basic Marinara recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are dealing with conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a healthier way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most people typically assume that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. In reality, though, merely making a couple of minor changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be very careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you no longer want to eat. For example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Evidently, it’s not difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to basic marinara recipe. You can cook basic marinara using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Basic Marinara:
- Take of medium tomatoes (firm but ripe is best).
- Get of small onion.
- Use of whole garlic bulb.
- Provide of vodka.
- Get of red wine.
- Use of dried and grated parmesian.
- Use of paprika (for color).
- Get of salt, black pepper and chili to taste (I use sea salt and habanero).
- Use of cumin (optional).
Instructions to make Basic Marinara:
- Prep all your fresh veggies by dicing your tomatoes, mincing your onion, and peeling and thinly slicing your garlic..
- WARNING! Remember to season the veggies with only a little bit of salt and not to put too much because all the salt will add up in the end..
- Then sauté your your garlic and onion one by one in the same pan (or pot), making sure to remove them from the pan and set them aside for for later..
- Next, sauté your tomatoes and when softened enough, use a potato masher to crush your tomatoes into a paste..
- Now add your garlic and onion back into the pan with the tomatoes..
- Add your vodka and wine to the pan, along with all of your seasonings (except for the parmesian) and make sure to mix thoroughly..
- Simmer the sauce until the alcohol is almost cooked through and then add the parmesian last, making sure to mix as you pour and only a little at a time so that it doesn't clump up..
- Voíla! And you're done! I suggest your serve this as 4-8 tbs of sauce per 1 c of pasta. And feel free to add some fresh basil on top..
- NOTE: If you don't have or like vodka, you can use any other hard liquor of your choice as long as you stick to a 1 part to 2 part ratio. One part hard liquor to two-part red wine. The red wine unfortunately is non-negotiable since it adds a really nice smell to the sauce. But don't feel like you have to spend it any big amount of money on either the hard liquor or the red wine, I just use the cheapest I can find and it works pretty well..
- NOTE: And as long as your tomatoes are crushed somehow, it doesn't matter what you use to do it, you can even use a fork if you'd like. Just make sure that it is thoroughly crushed into a paste..
If you find this Basic Marinara recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.