Snowball Cookies. In a large bowl, mix flour, walnuts, granulated sugar, salt, and vanilla. Add butter and, using your hands, combine everything. Snowball Cookies Snowball cookies are a favorite Christmas cookie recipe, but these pecan-filled cookies are scrumptious all year round.
They come by their name honestly, because they truly look like the perfect snowball sitting atop a plate. Mix in the flour, pecans, and salt. The history of snowball cookies The history of the snowball cookie is actually a bit of a mystery.
Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, snowball cookies. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
In a large bowl, mix flour, walnuts, granulated sugar, salt, and vanilla. Add butter and, using your hands, combine everything. Snowball Cookies Snowball cookies are a favorite Christmas cookie recipe, but these pecan-filled cookies are scrumptious all year round.
Snowball Cookies is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Snowball Cookies is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have snowball cookies using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Snowball Cookies:
- Make ready 1 cup of softened butter.
- Get 1 cup of finely chopped pecans.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of powdered sugar. Add a little more if you want a sweeter cookie.
- Get 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Take 2 1/4 cups of flour.
- Make ready of Additional powdered sugar for dusting.
These days, many people in the United States refer to them as Mexican wedding cakes, and in fact they are traditionally served at weddings in Mexico, where they are known as biscochitos. Snowball cookies combine ground nuts with butter, sugar, and flour for a shortbread style cookie that's delightfully flaky. They are named after the shape and the generous dusting of powdered sugar coating, which is also what makes them a beloved traditional Christmas cookie. These traditional Snowball Cookies are a beautiful addition to your holiday cookie plates and dessert tables.
Instructions to make Snowball Cookies:
- Cream together 1/2 cup of powdered sugar with softened butter. Add in vanilla, salt, flour and pecans. Roll into balls that are about 1 inch in diameter or about the size of a large gum ball or jawbreaker..
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 13 minutes or until brown on the bottom. Your cookie will seem soft to touch. Let them cool for about 5 minutes and then gently roll in powdered sugar (I fill a shallow bowl with about 1 cup of powdered sugar and gently roll them around)..
- Remove and place on a cooling rack or plate to cool. Once your cookies have cooled completely, give them a second coating of powdered sugar by rolling them in the bowl again. You may need to add additional powdered sugar to coat the cookies and make them look like snowballs..
They have a buttery vanilla flavor surrounded by soft and snowy powdered sugar. Snowball Cookies have a crumbly, buttery, nutty texture that just melts in your mouth and are completely irresistible. Snowball cookies are an unusual combination of ground pecans, lots of butter, flour and a bit of sugar. The cookies themselves are not that sweet but are extremely rich from the butter and the nutty pecans. The combination of this almost savory interior with the sweet exterior of powdered sugar is just plain heavenly!
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food snowball cookies recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!