Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Quick Rustic Basil Marinara Sauce recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Quick Rustic Basil Marinara Sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Quick Rustic Basil Marinara Sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a more healthy way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most likely, most people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of modest changes.
Initially, you should be very careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your shopping cart that you don’t wish to eat. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? One heart-healthy substitute that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Evidently, it’s easy to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to quick rustic basil marinara sauce recipe. To make quick rustic basil marinara sauce you need 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Quick Rustic Basil Marinara Sauce:
- Get of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Take of onions, minced.
- You need of carrots, minced (optional).
- Prepare of handfuls basil, minced.
- Take of salt.
- Use of red pepper flakes (optional).
- Use of 28oz. whole peeled tomatoes.
- Get of 6oz. tomato paste (optional).
- Use of water (optional).
Steps to make Quick Rustic Basil Marinara Sauce:
- Heat oil in a large 3qt. saucepan.
- Add the onions, (carrots, if desired), (red pepper, if desired), basil, and salt, and simmer on low until the onions are translucent. This is important for sweetness; make sure the onions are translucent..
- Add the whole peeled tomatoes, turn up the heat to high, and cook covered for about five minutes. If you cook uncovered, it will burn..
- Reduce heat back to low, and mash the tomatoes aggressively with a metal masher (plastic will leech into the sauce)..
- From here, we have options. If you are looking for a very loose, heterogenous sauce in a hurry, salt to taste and serve now. Otherwise, go to the next step..
- If you are serving with a noodle, then you likely want a looser sauce, so keep stirring and mashing for a while, until the sauce is more homogenous. This could be quite a while. Add the water, as needed to thin it out. Salt to taste, and serve..
- Alternatively, if you are looking to use the sauce for pizza or macaroni (pasta that is short and not a noodle), then you need to thicken it up. Add the tomato paste, and then stir, and then thin as desired with a little of the water. Salt to taste, and serve..
- And if you are just looking to stretch it, add the tomato paste, simmer it all together until you reach the desired consistency, add the water, stir, and reduce to the desired consistency. Salt to taste, and serve..
If you find this Quick Rustic Basil Marinara Sauce recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.