Tuna noodle casserole. Tuna casseroles are easy on the budget and always comforting. If you're looking for a healthy tuna noodle casserole made from scratch, look no further! This lightened up tuna noodle casserole is made with a creamy, but light parmesan mushroom sauce, noodles.
The Best Tuna Casserole is SO easy to make! Made with a simple from scratch sauce, egg noodles, tuna, peas and a crunchy Panko-Parmesan topping. This classic tuna noodle casserole recipe combines tuna, egg noodles, cream of mushroom soup, peas, and cheddar cheese to make a creamy comforting casserole with a crunchy crumb topping.
Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, tuna noodle casserole. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Tuna casseroles are easy on the budget and always comforting. If you're looking for a healthy tuna noodle casserole made from scratch, look no further! This lightened up tuna noodle casserole is made with a creamy, but light parmesan mushroom sauce, noodles.
Tuna noodle casserole is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Tuna noodle casserole is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have tuna noodle casserole using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Tuna noodle casserole:
- Prepare of pkg egg noodles.
- Make ready of olive oil.
- Prepare of med diced white onion.
- Take of diced celery.
- Get of minced garlic.
- Take of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Get of sliced mushroom.
- Make ready of unsalted butter.
- Prepare of flour.
- Take of milk.
- Get of salt.
- Make ready of black pepper.
- Get of frozen peas.
- Prepare of cans tuna, drained.
- Make ready of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of unsalted butter, melted.
- Prepare of bread crumbs.
- Make ready of Cooking spray.
Tuna noodle is at heart an easy, thrifty casserole, with a base of tender egg noodles, savory gravy, sweet peas, and delicate flakes of tuna (bonus points if it has a crispy, cheesy top). Fold in the tuna, followed by the cooked egg noodles and shredded cheddar cheese. This Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole is a comforting and reliable classic dish perfect for a busy weeknight and budget friendly! The best classic tuna noodle casserole starts with a homemade sauce from scratch.
Instructions to make Tuna noodle casserole:
- Preheat oven to 375..
- Boil egg noodles in a large pot of salted water until al dente, about 8-10 mins. Drain..
- Put olive oil in a skillet over med heat. Stir in onion, celery, garlic & red pepper flake. Cook 5 mins..
- Turn to med-hi. Add mushrooms and cook additional 5 mins..
- In large saucepan, melt 5 Tblsp butter. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk and cook until thickened. Add salt and pepper..
- Stir peas, tuna, vegetable mixture with noodles in the large pot. Add milk mixture..
- Stir in cheese..
- Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray and transfer mixture from saucepan..
- In a small bowl, melt 2 Tblsp butter. Mix in bread crumbs until moistened. Sprinkle over top casserole..
- Bake approximately 20 minutes..
This one is delciiously cheesy, creamy, and easy with no soup from a can. Tuna Noodle Casserole is a classic American dish. Egg noodles are combined with canned tuna in a creamy sauce and then baked. Peas are a classic addition and sometimes you see corn mixed in as. How to Make Tuna Noodle Casserole.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food tuna noodle casserole recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!