Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Codfish Hash recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Codfish Hash recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Codfish Hash recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Although we’re always being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, however, merely making a couple of minor changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you don’t wish to eat. As an example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it contains. A good healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been shown to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy daily. Add fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a regular part of your new healthy diet.
All in all, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to codfish hash recipe. You can have codfish hash using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Codfish Hash:
- Take 1 bag of cod OR catfish, thawed.
- Prepare 10 of red or Idaho potatoes, rinsed, sliced.
- Use of Diced onions.
- Provide of Seasonings of choice, I used onion powder, salt & pepper.
- Use of Bacon drippings OR olive oil.
Instructions to make Codfish Hash:
- Spray a 13×9 casserole dish with olive oil.
- Place fish fillets into the dish, bake at 375 for 8-10 min OR til white & flaky, time varies per instructions on fish package. This took 20 minutes..
- Now your fish should look like this….
- Slice rinsed red potatoes.
- In a large skillet, add a bit of bacon grease, I use olive oil. Add potatoes & onions midway through. Now cover them up with a lid..
- Cook on low, simmer style, you certainly wouldn't want to burn this. By the way, I'm using a gas stove. Yes much different than electric stove method on how it cooks..
- Keep cooking til potatoes are tender…fried taters. Hoooo weee!.
- Break them taters down & add that fish, check for fine bones if it's catfish. Break that down too using a spatula. Cook a bit longer. It's gotta look something like this…BAM!.. fish hash..
- Serve hot, topped with malt vinegar OR hot sauce, have some homemade pickles on the side. it's the only way to eat it. Have a nice set of pumpkin bars to serve up for after LOL. Have a great night! ;).
- Homemade pickles.
This recipe is also versatile as to the meal you eat it at. You'll be surprised that you'll be making it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and whenever you feel the desire to eat a good meal. Put the eggs in cold water and bring to a boil. Bacalhau à Brás Salt Cod Hash. What I love about this fish hash recipe is that it's quick, easy, delicious, satisfying, and packed with flavor.
If you find this Codfish Hash recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.