Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Eggplant meatballs with marinara recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Eggplant meatballs with marinara recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Eggplant meatballs with marinara recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are dealing with health problems such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. While we’re constantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make a few small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
These changes can be done with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It also has vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. If you currently are consuming plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemicals. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to eggplant meatballs with marinara recipe. To make eggplant meatballs with marinara you need 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Eggplant meatballs with marinara:
- Get 1 of small eggplant.
- Provide 1 of large egg lightly beaten.
- Provide 1/2 cup of cooked cannellini or navy beans (rinsed), smash with fork.
- Provide 1 of large clove garlic finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of finely chopped basil.
- Take 1/4 cup of finely chopped parsley.
- Provide 1/2 cup of finely grated Parmesan.
- Use of Salt & pepper.
- You need 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- Take of Olive oil.
- Get 2 cups of marinara (homemade or store bought.
Steps to make Eggplant meatballs with marinara:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place the eggplant on top. Use a fork to prick the eggplant 4 times, then place the eggplant in the oven and roast it until it has completely collapsed and a paring knife easily slips into the center, 40 to 50 minutes. Cool the eggplant 20 minutes. Leave the oven on..
- Slice the eggplant in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh (discard the skin). Place the roasted eggplant in a medium bowl and stir in the egg and beans. Add the garlic, basil, parmesan, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and stir to combine, then mix in the breadcrumbs..
- Again, line the rimmed baking sheet with a clean sheet of foil and lightly mist it with spray. Shape the eggplant mixture into balls about the size of a golf ball (2 tablespoons per ball; you should get about 16). Place them on the prepared baking sheet and lightly mist the top of the balls with spray. Bake the eggplant balls until they are golden brown and firm, about 20 minutes..
- While the meatballs cook, warm the marinara sauce in a small saucepan. Remove the meatballs from the oven, sprinkle with a little extra parmesan and serve with the marinara sauce. Serve over pasta or not :).
If you find this Eggplant meatballs with marinara recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.