Easiest Way to Make Award-winning Mediterranean Swordfish
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mediterranean Swordfish recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mediterranean Swordfish recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Deciding to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a lot of diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, however, merely making a couple of modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
These healthier food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also good for your skin. It could be that you already believe that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Evidently, it’s not difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mediterranean swordfish recipe. You can cook mediterranean swordfish using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Mediterranean Swordfish:
- Use 2 of swordfish steaks 3/4” thick (8-10 oz. each).
- Provide 1/2 cup of olive oil, divided.
- Provide Dash of salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Prepare 1 cup of fennel bulb, chopped.
- You need 1 of medium onion, sliced, 2” pieces.
- Get 1 of garlic clove, peeled and smashed.
- Use 1 can (14.5 oz.) of chopped tomatoes, juices drained.
- Provide 1 can (6 oz.) of black pitted olives, drained, halved.
- Use 1 tbs. of capers, drained (optional).
- You need Dash of tarragon, coriander, & oregano.
- Take 2 tbs. of fresh basil leaves, cut or snipped into thin threads.
Steps to make Mediterranean Swordfish:
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium – high heat..
- Place the swordfish steaks on a plate and drizzle with olive oil. Season the steaks and place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes..
- In a large frying pan (with a lid), heat the olive oil and sauté the fennel and onion on medium heat until soft. Add garlic and heat for 30 seconds..
- Add the tomatoes, black olives, capers, and herbs. Reduce the heat and simmer..
- Place the swordfish steaks on the well-oiled grill grates and sear for 2 minutes per side..
- Remove from the grill and add the steaks to the pan on the stove and cover. Simmer this for 15 minutes per side..
- Swordfish steaks are done when you can slightly flake with a fork or internal temp is ~125˚..
- Carefully transfer the steaks (using a spatula) directly to serving plates on top of a bed of rice. Add the pan ingredients on top and serve with a side of sauté garlic flavored green vegetables..
Reducing the tomatoes into a thick delicious sauce concentrates the flavors and marries perfectly with the salty olives and capers. Heat oil in large heavy skillet over high heat. Season swordfish generously with salt and pepper. Sauté until browned on both sides. My swordfish memories go back to summer vacations in Cape Cod.
If you find this Mediterranean Swordfish recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.