Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Strawberry Swiss Roll Cake recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Strawberry Swiss Roll Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Strawberry Swiss Roll Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Although we’re always being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most people typically assume that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make some minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you should be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your basket that you don’t wish to eat. For instance, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? A great healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been found to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy daily. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to strawberry swiss roll cake recipe. You can cook strawberry swiss roll cake using 14 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Strawberry Swiss Roll Cake:
- Take of 🍰 Cake.
- You need 4 of egg yolks (about 75 g).
- Provide 35 g of granulated white sugar, for yolks.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Get 40 ml of (2 tbsp+2 tsp) whole milk.
- You need 40 ml of (2 tbsp+2 tsp) vegetable oil.
- Use 72 g of cake flour, sifted.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Use 4 of egg whites (about 145 g).
- Prepare 56 g of granulated white sugar, for egg whites.
- Provide of 🍓 Filling.
- Prepare 9 of fresh strawberries, stems removed.
- Take 180 ml of heavy whipping cream.
- Take 1/2 tbsp of granulated white sugar, adjust to taste.
Steps to make Strawberry Swiss Roll Cake:
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper hanging out the sides. I used 9.5"x 14.5" (24cm x 37cm) baking tray..
- Separate egg whites from yolks into different bowls. Wipe the bowl for egg whites with white vinegar to get rid of grease and residue. Egg whites containing broken yolk will also not beat properly..
- Add sugar into the bowl of yolks and mix using a hand whisk. Add in vanilla, milk, and oil. Mix again. Then mix in sifted flour and salt until combined. Set aside..
- Using a mixer, beat egg white until foamy. Once the bubbles become small and tightened, gradually add sugar with the mixer running. Beat until stiff peak..
- At this point, preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C..
- Add 1/3 of the meringue into the yolk mixture. Mix with a whisk until combined..
- Pour the yolk mixture into the leftover meringue. Switching to a silicone spatula, quickly but gently fold the mixture to combine. To preserve the airiness of this cake, do not overmix it..
- Pour the batter into prepared tray. Spread it evenly with a scraper. Then tap two times onto the counter to release little air bubbles..
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, wash the strawberries and remove their stems. Wipe dry and set aside in the fridge..
- As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, remove it from the pan onto a counter or cooling rack. Peel off the paper around the edges. Let it cool to room temperature..
- In a big bowl, beat heavy cream and sugar until stiff peak..
- Cover the cake with a parchment paper, then flip it over. Carefully peel off the bottom paper. Spread a thin layer of whipped cream, then line the strawberries horizontally..
- Spread the leftover whipped cream against the strawberries. Then holding the bottom paper, roll the cake over. Tuck as needed to tighten the rolling..
- Wrap it with the paper and store in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour..
- Unwrap the cake. For a nice clean cut, dip the knife into hot water and wipe it dry. Then trim off the edge and slice the cake. Heat and wipe the knife before every cut..
Separate egg whites from yolks into different bowls. Wipe the bowl for egg whites with white vinegar to get rid of grease and residue. Egg whites containing broken yolk will also not beat properly. Add sugar into the bowl of yolks and mix. Unroll the cake and spread the strawberry filling evenly over the cake.
If you find this Strawberry Swiss Roll Cake recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.