Brenda's Stuffed Pork Chops.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, brenda's stuffed pork chops. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Brenda's Stuffed Pork Chops is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Brenda's Stuffed Pork Chops is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have brenda's stuffed pork chops using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Brenda's Stuffed Pork Chops:
- Take of olive oil.
- Prepare of garlic, chopped.
- Take of (6 ounces) baby spinach.
- Prepare of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare of pepper.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of dried Italian seasoning.
- Get of Bacon, diced.
- Prepare of Grated provolone cheese.
- Take of egg, lightly beaten.
- Take of thick-cut (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inches) pork chops for stuffing (about 2 to 2 1/2 pounds total).
- Get of onion, chopped.
Instructions to make Brenda's Stuffed Pork Chops:
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- Cook bacon over medium heat till almost crisp. Add onion and cook till soft. Add garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute. Add spinach, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and the Italian seasoning; cook, stirring, just until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes..
- Remove the spinach mixture to a medium-size bowl; let cool completely. When cool, add the provolone cheese and egg; gently stir to combine completely..
- Place the pork chops on a flat work surface; cut a slit horizontally to the bone so chop can be opened like a book. Stuff each chop with 1/4 of the stuffing. (If freezing, wrap each chop tightly in freezer wrap, without toothpicks; freeze up to 1 month.) Secure chops with toothpicks..
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet. Add chops; cook 2 minutes per side or until browned..
- Place chops in single layer in a baking dish just large enough to hold them. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper..
- Bake the chops in the oven for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature registers 155°F on an instant-read thermometer when inserted in the pork. Remove chops to a platter; cover with foil. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes in warm place before serving.
- NOTE: You could also use chopped prosciutto. I also didn't have provolone so I used Monterrey jack..
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food brenda's stuffed pork chops recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!