Crab Sukiyaki (or Hot Pot).
Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, crab sukiyaki (or hot pot). It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Crab Sukiyaki (or Hot Pot) is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Crab Sukiyaki (or Hot Pot) is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook crab sukiyaki (or hot pot) using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Crab Sukiyaki (or Hot Pot):
- Make ready of Spider or snow crab.
- Make ready of Enoki mushrooms/Chinese cabbage/Grilled tofu/Carrots/Shiitake mushrooms/Kudzu noodles/ Shimeji mushrooms/Maitake mushrooms/Japanese leeks/Mizuna, etc.
- Get of Hot pot soup stock:.
- Get of Dashi stock (kombu and bonito flakes).
- Prepare of Usukuchi soy sauce.
- Get of Sake.
- Take of Mirin.
- Get of Salt.
Steps to make Crab Sukiyaki (or Hot Pot):
- Combine 2 sheets of kombu seaweed in 2000 ml of water. Soak for 2 hours, then turn on the heat to boil. Reduce the heat to the lowest once the kombu starts swimming in the pot. Heat for 5 minutes..
- If you put 1 cup of bonito flakes into a clean empty tea bag, it's easy to make dashi stock. Burn off the alcohol from the sake and mirin to enhance the flavor..
- Prepare the crab. Place the bottom of the knife blade on the joints and you should be able to cut the crab legs easily. Kitchen scissors also work well..
- Make slits on the shells of crab legs with a knife. Move the blade so as to peel off the shell (if you think it is difficult, cut the leg joints lengthwise)..
- Add the bonito flake sachet into the dashi stock and simmer for 5 minutes over low heat. Add all the seasonings for the soup stock and bring to a boil. Transfer the soup stock to a bowl and leave to cool..
- If you add the crab shells and trimmings to the dashi, it'll enhance the flavor. Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables..
- Put all the ingredients except the crab and mizuna leaves in a clay pot. Pour in the soup stock. Add the crab after the ingredients are cooked through about 80%..
- Bring back to a boil, add the mizuna and cook in residual heat. Do not overcook the crab. Serve with plenty of soup!.
- Prepare your rice porridge with the remaining soup at the end. Rinse cooked rice to remove any stickiness or gluten. Add the rice to the pot and bring back to a boil. Turn off the heat and add a beaten egg and mitsuba. Cover with a lid to steam through..
- Make stewed tsukudani kombu with the used kombu..
- Make a furikake seasoning for rice with your used bonito flakes..
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food crab sukiyaki (or hot pot) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!