Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Meat and potato samosas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Meat and potato samosas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Making the decision to eat healthily has many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are numerous health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Even though we’re always being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most likely, a lot of people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. In reality, though, merely making a few minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
In order to see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically alter your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make big changes, but the most crucial thing is to step by step switch to making healthier eating selections. Sooner or later, you will see that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you won’t wish to eat the old diet.
To sum up, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to meat and potato samosas recipe. You can cook meat and potato samosas using 18 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Meat and potato samosas:
- Provide 4 cups of flour (all purpose).
- Take 9 tbsp of oil.
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
- Use of Water.
- Provide of Around half a kg of meat (I used lamb).
- Provide 4 of small potatoes peeled and cubed.
- Use 2 tbsp of mild madras curry powder.
- Provide 2 tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare Half of a large onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of thyme.
- Get 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Provide 1 tbsp of grated garlic.
- Use 2 tbsp of grated ginger.
- Provide 1 of chilli.
- Use of Soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of lamb seasoning.
- Use 1 cup of frozen spinach.
- Provide 1 tbsp of ghee.
Instructions to make Meat and potato samosas:
- Crumb together the flour and oil until combined well. This process takes around 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add water little by little until the dough just comes together. Don't add too much water and allow the dough to become too soft. This dough should be firm.
- Cover with clingfilm and rest.
- Start the filling by adding the onion into a pan with oil on a low heat with a small amount of brown sugar..
- Dice your potatoes into small cubes and add to the pan. Keep the pan on a low heat and cover.
- Grate the garlic and ginger and add to the pan along with the other seasonings except the lamb seasoning and mix in. Then add the chopped chilli..
- Turn up the heat to medium – high then make a well in the potatoes and add the ghee, followed by the minced meat.
- Add the lamb seasoning a sprinkle of salt then mix in..
- Cook the mince then cover the pan..
- When the mince and potatoes are cooked turn off the pan and transfer the mix into a bowl to cool.
- Divide the dough into quarters. Then each quarter into 3. But vary the size if its too thick or thin.
- Roll into a large circle and cut in half to make semi circles.
- Take the semi circle and grab each side of the semi circle, the flat side facing upwards and bring to the middle to form a cone. Use water to press the side together on the cone..
- Trim the excess dough at the top and use a spoon to fill the cones with the filling..
- Fold over and seal with wet fingers or a fork. Continue this until you've filled all the samosas.
- Heat up some oil in a pan. Enough to deep fry the samosas. The heat should be medium – low. If the the heat is too high they won't crisp up..
- Remove when golden brown and place on a plate lined with kitchen towel..
- Enjoy with your favourite dipping sauce..
Samosas are usually fried but you can also find them baked and they come in various sizes and shapes. To make the keema (ground beef), heat the oil gently. You can use olive or vegetable oil. If you're making the samosas with potatoes, salt the oil at this time- it will help the potatoes to not stick to a non-stick pan. Once the oil is nicely heated (but not burning), add the diced potatoes.
If you find this Meat and potato samosas recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.