Smothered Pork & Apples. Smothered Pork Chops are a classic American dish that is easy to make and full of delicious flavor. Thick cut pork chops are covered in a perfect, savory gravy with onions and mushrooms. Southern Smothered Pork Chops and Gravy
More Ways to Search: Recipe Index · Ingredients Index. Many classic smothered pork chop recipes include a mushroom gravy. If you'd like to add mushrooms, add about a cup of sliced Baby Bellas to your skillet halfway through caramelizing the onions.
Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, smothered pork & apples. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Smothered Pork Chops are a classic American dish that is easy to make and full of delicious flavor. Thick cut pork chops are covered in a perfect, savory gravy with onions and mushrooms. Southern Smothered Pork Chops and Gravy
Smothered Pork & Apples is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Smothered Pork & Apples is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have smothered pork & apples using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Smothered Pork & Apples:
- Prepare of boneless pork chops (4-6).
- Get of apple pie filling (21 oz).
- Take of turkey stuffing mix (or whatever flavor you want).
- Make ready of cinnamon.
- Take of olive oil.
- Prepare of rosemary.
- Make ready of sage.
- Get of salt.
- Get of black pepper.
Smothered pork chops are a Southern comfort classic featuring pan-fried pork chops covered in simple, creamy, and savory onion gravy. Easy to make, it requires less than an hour to serve this. The Best Pork Chop Recipe : Smothered Pork Chops Recipe. Growing up, one of my favorite meals was a How to Make Smothered Pork Chops.
Instructions to make Smothered Pork & Apples:
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- Make stuffing mix according to box directions..
- Empty apple pie filling in the bottom of a greased 13×9 inch baking dish. Sprinkle desired amount of cinnamon over the apples, stir, and then spread them out in the dish..
- Trim chops. Brush olive oil on each side and then season with desired amount of rosemary, sage, salt, and pepper..
- Quickly sear each chop in a skillet over medium-high heat (just to brown them…not cook them…maybe a minute on each side)..
- When browned, arrange chops on top of apples in baking dish..
- Top each chop with stuffing (how much is personal preference…I usually use all of it, covering the entire dish)..
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes (or until chops are cooked through…depends on thickness of chops)..
To smother meat means to cook it low-and-slow in. Savory baked pork chops in an onion and mushroom sauce. Smothered Pork. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Basically what you'll get when dinner rolls around is a hearty tortilla smothered in green sauce and cheese. Tired of the same old chicken recipes?
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food smothered pork & apples recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!