Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lemongrass Flavoured Lemon Bars Recipe recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lemongrass Flavoured Lemon Bars Recipe recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are a lot of health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a healthier way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make several minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
These sorts of changes can be done with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It can also be beneficial for your skin as it is a superb source of vitamin E. While you may already eat a lot of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a great choice and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemical substances. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lemongrass flavoured lemon bars recipe recipe. To make lemongrass flavoured lemon bars recipe you need 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Lemongrass Flavoured Lemon Bars Recipe:
- You need of Shortbread Cookie Crust.
- Take of unsalted butter, softened.
- Use of powdered sugar.
- Get of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare of salt.
- Use of vanilla extract.
- Use of Filling.
- Use of large egg yolks, at room temperature.
- Provide of granulated sugar.
- Get of lemongrass tea.
- Get of Juice of 1 medium lemon.
- Get of all-purpose flour.
- Use of cornstarch.
- Get of salt.
- Get of Afew leaves of mint (add to the lemongrass tea for more flavour).
- Take of Yellow food colouring, as needed (optional).
- Get of For dusting.
- Take of Powdered sugar,.
Instructions to make Lemongrass Flavoured Lemon Bars Recipe:
- In a mixing bowl, combine and mix all the dry ingredients for the cookie crust. Next, add in the softened butter and vanilla and mix it in with a spatula or your hands till the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Pour the mixture into any greased medium sized square or rectangle baking pan depending on how think you want the bars to be (I used a 5×9 inch rectangle pan). Press the mixture into the pan to form an even layer and with a fork prick tiny holes on the dough..
- Bake the crust in a preheated oven at 300 degrees fahrenheit for about 20 minutes on the center rack until the dough is partially cooked and firm..
- While the crust bakes, make the filling by combining the egg yolks and sugar and whisking to combine. Next, add in the lemongrass tea, lemon juice and salt and whisk again thoroughly. To finish, add in the flour, cornstarch and finally food colouring (if using) and give it a final whisk till the mixture is smooth and there are no more lumps..
- Take out the crust from the oven when it is done. Pour over it the filling and bake again at the same temperature on the center rack for 15 more minutes and then bake an additional 10 minutes on the top rack..
- Take the bars out of the oven when done and let it cool completely. After, freeze in the pan for about 1 hour till the filling is firm..
- After freezing, take it out and run a knife around the sides to loosen it up and take it out of the pan. Cut into 8 equal pieces and finish with a dusting of powdered sugar..
- The bars will keep well in the refrigerator for up to 2 days and in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Happy Baking!.
If you find this Lemongrass Flavoured Lemon Bars Recipe recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.