Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Ham and Potato Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Ham and Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ham and Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Choosing to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are suffering from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a more healthy way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing some modest changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping because you most probably purchase lots of food items out of habit. For example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to ham and potato soup recipe. You can have ham and potato soup using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Ham and Potato Soup:
- Provide of ham.
- Provide of whole onion, peeled.
- Prepare of bay leaves.
- Get of chopped onion.
- You need of carrots sliced.
- Get of celery sliced.
- Prepare of red potatoes (1.5 in cubes, NOT peeled).
- Take of 2% milk.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- Use of onion powder.
- Get of paprika.
- Take of dried parsley.
- Take of real horseradish.
- Get of Rough.
- Use of butter.
- You need of flour.
Steps to make Ham and Potato Soup:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cook ham for 1.5-2 hours. Let stand 30 minutes. Slice ham best you can leaving about 2 cups of meat on the bone..
- Place bone in a large stock pot, add in enough water until it covers the bone. Add 1 whole onion and 2 bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 1.5 hours..
- Take out ham bone and whole onion. Add in chopped onions, sliced carrots, and sliced celery. Simmer for 25 minutes..
- Add in potatoes, simmer for 35 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. To help break up potatoes smash is the back of a large spoon or whisk..
- Add in milk, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, parsley, and real horseradish..
- In a small sauce pan melt butter on medium high heat. Add in flour and stir constantly until consistency of wet sand..
- Once the soup comes back to a low boil, whisk in rough. Mix occasionally for the next 10 minutes and enjoy!.
If you find this Ham and Potato Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.