Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's Beef Stew & Baguettes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Beef Stew & Baguettes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
We all understand that, in order to really be healthful, nutritious and balanced meal plans are important as are good amounts of exercise. The sad thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. Working out at the gym isn’t something people decide to do when they get off from work. People crave junk food, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You will be delighted to discover that achieving good health doesn’t have to be hard. If you are diligent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food choices you need. Here are some very simple ways to get healthy.
Drink water, not alternative drinks. Drinking a soda or cup of coffee every so often won’t hurt you too badly. It is definitely, however, a bad idea to exclusively drink soda or coffee. Choosing water instead of other beverage adds to your body’s health and helps it stay hydrated. Doing this helps you cut hundreds of calories out of your diet without your having to suffer through a bunch of gross diet food. Water is often the main element to successful weight-loss and healthfulness.
There are a whole lot of things that work toward your getting healthy. An overpriced gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. It is the little things you choose on a daily basis that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Being smart about the choices you make each day is a start. A proper amount of physical activity each day is also necessary. Don’t forget that health isn’t only about how much you weigh. You need to make your body as strong it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's beef stew & baguettes recipe. You can have mike's beef stew & baguettes using 19 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Beef Stew & Baguettes:
- Provide of Prime Rib [bone in].
- You need of Frying Oil.
- Prepare of AP Flour [add 1 tbs salt & 1 tbs cracked black pepper to flour].
- Prepare of Crushed Tomatoes [with juice – use half].
- Prepare of Tomato Paste [use 1/2].
- Use of Swansons Beef Stock [reserve 1].
- Use of Each: Dried Thyme – Dried Rosemary – Dried Basil – Dried Oregano.
- You need of Whole Bay Leaves.
- Use of McCormick Beef Stew Seasoning [this addition really does add an extra kick to your stew].
- You need of Fresh Garlic [smashed & minced].
- You need of Granulated Onion Powder.
- Get of Black Pepper.
- Prepare of Celery Seed.
- Use of LG Tomato [large dice].
- Prepare of Quality Burgundy Wine.
- Prepare of Medium White Onions [rough chop].
- Take of Celery [rinsed – 1" chop].
- Use of Carrots [rinsed – peeled & 1" chop].
- Prepare of Medium Idaho Potatoes [washed – peeled & chopped into 1" cubes].
Instructions to make Mike's Beef Stew & Baguettes:
- Heat thick bottomed pot and add oil..
- Coat rib with flour, salt and pepper mixture on all sides. Including sides..
- Add prime rib to heated oil..
- Sear prime rib in oil. Prepare flour mixture with 1 tbs salt and 1 tbs black pepper..
- Sear on all sides – including sides until meat is throughly browned. This will pull the sugars in the meat to the top..
- Pull seared prime rib from pot and set to the side..
- Add a small amount of beef broth to pot. Bring up to a boil and scrape all of those delectable tid bits from the base of pot..
- Add all dried seasonings, wine, 1/2 of your tomato paste, garlic, McCormick packet, broth, [reserve 1 box] 1/2 of your canned tomatoes and 1 large diced tomato to the pot. Wisk well..
- Add prime rib to pot. Simmer on medium for 3 hours covered. Or longer, until your meat is melt in your mouth tender. Carefully flip prime rib over 1/2 way through your simmer. Stir stew regularly..
- Pull your prime rib. Allow to cool just slightly..
- Skim any floating fat from the top of broth with a ladle as there will be some. It's easy to remove. 1st picture: floating fat. 2nd picture: fat removed..
- Fat removed..
- Chop your vegetables. Peel and chop your potatoes last. Otherwise, they'll brown. If you do decide to chop them early, place them in a bowl fully covered in ice water..
- Add your vegetables to pot..
- Chop your prime rib into 1" pieces. Disgard any fat that's attached..
- Add meat to pot..
- Add additional broth as needed. Simmer until carrots and potatoes are tender. About a half an hour. Your potatoes will absorb quite a bit of your original fluids so know additional broth might be needed..
- Baguettes are a sturdy bread capable of holding up to a hot, heavy broth. Slice your pre-baked baguette bread into 4" pieces, lightly coat with EVOO or butter and toast in the oven at 350° for 7 to 10 minutes. Or, until bread is crispy. You can also serve it fresh..
- Plate stew and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve with warm baguette bread..
If you find this Mike's Beef Stew & Baguettes recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.