Kuching Butter Milk Buns.
Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, kuching butter milk buns. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Kuching Butter Milk Buns is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Kuching Butter Milk Buns is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook kuching butter milk buns using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Kuching Butter Milk Buns:
- Make ready of A. Tan Zhong/water roux.
- Make ready 30 g of bread flour/flour.
- Make ready 150 g of water.
- Take of B. Dough.
- Prepare 300 g of water.
- Prepare 1 of egg (lightly beaten).
- Get 2 tbsp of melted butter/oil.
- Take 1 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 570 g of bread flour/flour.
- Take 3 tbsp of milk powder.
- Take 1 tsp of bread improver.
- Make ready 2 1/4 tsp of INSTANT dried yeast.
- Take of C. Butter and milk filling.
- Take 160 g of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 100 g of fine sugar.
- Get 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of corn flour.
- Take 3 tbsp of custard powder.
- Get 200 g of full cream milk powder.
Instructions to make Kuching Butter Milk Buns:
- A. Tangzhong – Mix flour and water in a small pot and whisk until there is no lump. Heat this mixture over low heat, keep stirring until it turns into a thick paste. Tangzhong is ready when the spoon used to stir leaves a visible trail all the way to the bottom of the pan. Turn off the heat and leave to cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap to keep it from drying before adding to the bread dough. This tanzhong can be prepared the night before or few hours before baking..
- B. Dough – Place all cooled tangzhong in a bread pan followed by the rest of the ingredients in B according to the order listed. Set bread maker to dough function and wait for it to beep and stop. In the meantime, prepare the filling..
- C. Butter and milk filling – Cream butter, sugar and salt until pale and fluffy. Add egg and mix well. Next, sift in combined corn flour, custard powder and milk powder. Use spoon or wooden spatula to do the mixing first. Then continue mixing using electric hand mixer until filling is well combined and soft dough is formed. This doughy filling should feel firm yet still soft to touch. Keep in the fridge while working on the dough..
- To assemble the bun – Remove dough from the bread pan to a generously floured working top. Dust hands with flour before working on the sticky bread dough. Deflate lightly and divide into small equal portions. Each weighing around 50g. Roll each portion into a small ball and rest for 15 minutes. Next, flatten the small rolled ball, add filling, wrap and seal neatly. Lightly roll into preferred shape, oblong or round. Place on a greased pan. Rest buns for 45 minutes or until buns double in size..
- Preheat oven to 160°C (depending on the oven). Bake for 15 minutes or until buns are golden brown. Once baked, immediately brush hot buns with melted butter and transfer to a cooling rack to cool..
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food kuching butter milk buns recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!