Grilled Corn Potato Chowder.
Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, grilled corn potato chowder. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Grilled Corn Potato Chowder is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Grilled Corn Potato Chowder is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook grilled corn potato chowder using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Grilled Corn Potato Chowder:
- Get 1 ounce of oil.
- Prepare 3-4 slices of bacon -diced 1/4"(cold bacon dices easier than room temprature)-I love bacon so I use four:).
- Take of Note. If using turkey bacon add 2 ounce oil in place of the one ounce to aid in browning and making the compound roux.
- Take 8 ounces of sweet onion — diced 1/4".
- Take 1/2 of of red bell pepper –diced 1/4”.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic -chopped.
- Take 1 of each jalapeno- diced finely.
- Prepare 1 pound of potatoes – diced 1/4".
- Get 32 ounces of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Get 3 ears of corn, peeled, oiled, seasoned with a little salt, grilled to a light brown color, and striped from the cob.
- Get of Note 12 ounces of can corn will work in place of grilled corn.
- Get 1 cup of cream or half and half or milk (Milk came out great and cream tasted the best:).
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of cilantro- chopped.
Instructions to make Grilled Corn Potato Chowder:
- Heat a 5qt.sauce pan with one ounce of oil Brown the diced bacon in a large 5qt.sauce..
- Sauté onion, red bell pepper, garlic and jalapeno until limp with browned bacon (do not get to hot) about 3 minutes.
- Dust w/ flour and stir together. (This is a compound roux).
- Add corn, potatoes,milk and chicken stock to the pot season with salt, pepper, sugar and thyme, and bring to a boil..
- Simmer over medium heat until potatoes are tender, (about 15-20 minutes). Adjust seasoning as needed and add the chopped parsley or cilantro..
- Note. If using turkey bacon add 2 ounce oil in place of the oneounce to aid in browning and making the compound roux..
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food grilled corn potato chowder recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!