Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Instant Pot Filipino Beef Steak (Bistek) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Instant Pot Filipino Beef Steak (Bistek) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Instant Pot Filipino Beef Steak (Bistek) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Learn How to Elevate Your Mood with Food.
For the most part, people have been trained to think that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and must be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this can be true. At times, comfort foods can be perfectly healthy and good for us to consume. Some foods honestly do elevate your mood when you eat them. If you seem to be a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Grains can be excellent for driving away a bad mood. Teff, barley, millet, quinoa, etc are all wonderful for helping you feel better. They can help you feel full for longer as well, which is a mood improver. Feeling famished can be a real downer! The reason these grains help your mood so much is that they are not hard to digest. They are simpler to digest than other foods which helps bring up your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, elevates your mood.
As you can see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are not good for you so you can feel better! Try several of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to instant pot filipino beef steak (bistek) recipe. You can have instant pot filipino beef steak (bistek) using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Instant Pot Filipino Beef Steak (Bistek):
- Use of boneless ribeye steak, sliced thinly.
- Get of soy sauce.
- Get of calamansi juice (or lemon juice OR vinegar).
- You need of freshly cracked black pepper.
- Prepare of large onions.
- Take of oil divided in two.
- Take of sugar.
- You need of salt to taste.
Steps to make Instant Pot Filipino Beef Steak (Bistek):
- In a large bowl, throw in the steak, soy sauce, calamansi juice, and black pepper. Mix all the ingredients together, then let it sit for at least 30 minutes to marinade (or overnight)..
- Take two large onions, peel the skin off, and slice them into thick rings..
- Plug in your instant pot, and press Saute and keep it on Normal mode. Allow it to heat up for a few minutes, then pour in oil and sautee the onion rings until translucent..
- Heat up oil and fry marinated meat for 3-5 minutes..
- Dump in the meat and the marinade inside the instant pot. Add a pinch of salt to taste, stir it up, and put the Instant Pot lid on. Make sure that the vent is pointed towards “Sealing”..
- Press “cancel” to turn off the Saute mode, and press “Pressure Cook”, keeping it on Normal. Make sure your pressure level is on High Pressure, and then set the time for 7 minutes..
- After the 7 minutes, use oven mitts or a long spatula to release the pressure from the vent. After all the pressure has been released, you can open the lid safely..
- Press “Cancel” and “Saute” mode to let it simmer while you taste the sauce. Add the sugar and more salt if needed to taste..
- Turn off the Instant Pot, and serve your bistek with a side of white rice!.
If you find this Instant Pot Filipino Beef Steak (Bistek) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.