Quick and Easy Corn Tortillas.
Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, quick and easy corn tortillas. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Quick and Easy Corn Tortillas is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Quick and Easy Corn Tortillas is something which I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have quick and easy corn tortillas using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Quick and Easy Corn Tortillas:
- Prepare 2 1/4 cups of masa harina (nixtamalized corn meal), plus extra for rolling out.
- Take 1 tsp of salt.
- Take 1 1/2 cups of hot water.
Steps to make Quick and Easy Corn Tortillas:
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Knead the dough until smooth, about 2 minutes. The dough should not be sticky, but also should not be too crumbly. Think the consistency of play dough..
- You can allow it to sit covered for half an hour for a better hydrated dough, or just move onto the tortilla making..
- Place a piece of parchment paper down on a clean, flat work surface. Sprinkle a handful of masa harina on the paper for each tortilla. Grab a fist sized ball of dough and place on paper..
- So, most recipes call for a tortilla press. I'm not making tortillas often enough to warrant the space or money spent on a tortilla pres. So find any object you can find the is approximately tortilla shaped and has a defined edge. Pictured is some cake thing I found at the local supermarket..
- Roll out the dough as thin as you can get it without breaking. This dough is pretty cool because if it does break you can just push together and it will patch right up. If you're have trouble, grab a patch of dough from the outside, sprinkle on some water and roll out the patch. Using cylindrical cutter push down to cut..
- Remove excess dough and cook this tortilla over medium heat in a cast iron pan (about two minutes per side). Once you get in the groove, the total cook time of four minutes should allow you to roll out a new tortilla just in time for the old one to come out of the pan..
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food quick and easy corn tortillas recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!