Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Mike's BBQ Flat Smoked Brisket & Choice Short Ribs recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's BBQ Flat Smoked Brisket & Choice Short Ribs recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's BBQ Flat Smoked Brisket & Choice Short Ribs recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Deciding to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are suffering from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a more healthy way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that many people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out some modest changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food since you most probably pick out lots of items out of habit. As an example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? One nutritious alternative that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. Mix in fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy diet.
As you can see, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's bbq flat smoked brisket & choice short ribs recipe. You can cook mike's bbq flat smoked brisket & choice short ribs using 17 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Mike's BBQ Flat Smoked Brisket & Choice Short Ribs:
- You need of ● For The Meats.
- Get of Quality Beef Flat Brisket.
- Get of Choice Beef Short Ribs.
- Provide of ● For The Woods.
- Provide of Mesquite Wood.
- Provide of Hickory Wood.
- Use of ● For The Dry Rub.
- Prepare of Brown Sugar.
- Use of Paprika.
- You need of Salt.
- Provide of Cumin.
- Prepare of Cayenne Pepper [or less if you're not fond of spice].
- Use of Chilli Powder [or less if you're not fond of spice].
- Use of Granulated Garlic.
- Prepare of Granulated Onion.
- Provide of Black Pepper.
- You need of Dry Mustard [optional].
Instructions to make Mike's BBQ Flat Smoked Brisket & Choice Short Ribs:
- Beef Flat Brisket [room temp].
- Choice Beef Short Ribs [room temp].
- Mix your dry rub and rinse your meats..
- Liberally dust and press your meats with your dry rub..
- Dust tops bottoms and all sides. Press dry rub into beef..
- Place both Hickory and Mesquite wood chunks into your smoker. Fill your water bowl within and bring smoker to 225°. Place brisket fat side up and ribs bone side down..
- Cover for 3.5 to 4 hours but, pull the beef short ribs at about 1.5 hours in. There's no need to flip meat. In fact, try not to peek! It will allow all your smoke to escape. It really is a precious commodity! Keep an eye on your steady 225° temp tho!.
- You'll know your ribs are ready when the meat has pulled away from the bone..
- Ultimately you'll want your internal brisket temperature at 190° to be safe. I usually leave mine at a rare 180°. But, any temp you choose, a meat thermometer is definitely in order. 😆.
- You can choose to sauce up these dry rub ribs if you'd like. Heinz is putting out some descent new brands as of late. Sweet Baby Ray's is also another delicious sweet option..
- Pull brisket and wrap immediately in tin foil. Allow brisket to rest for at least a half hour + before slicing. Don't worry, she'll still be hot!.
- Side Dish – Stacked Baked Beans.
- Side Dish – Potato Egg Salad.
- Side Dish – Half chewed buttery, salty corn on the cob! Delicious!.
- Slice your rested juicy brisket and plate..
- Serve with buttery, salty corn on the cob, baked beans and chilled potato egg salad. I have a tasty recipe under my profile for both the salad and beans. You can also make excelent Brisket and Burnt End Sandwiches with thick dill pickle slices. You'll definitely want those sour pickles to cut the rich fat you'll find in your brisket. Enjoy!.
If you find this Mike's BBQ Flat Smoked Brisket & Choice Short Ribs recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.