Perfect Lemon Bars.
Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, perfect lemon bars. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Perfect Lemon Bars is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Perfect Lemon Bars is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have perfect lemon bars using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Perfect Lemon Bars:
- Make ready For of crust:.
- Get 1 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour/ maida.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of powder sugar (confectioners sugar).
- Prepare 1 tsp of grated lemon zest.
- Take 1/4 cup of corn starch.
- Get 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 12 tablespoons of unsalted butter, chilled and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Make ready For of Lemon Filling:.
- Get 4 of large eggs.
- Make ready 1 1/3 cup of white sugar.
- Make ready 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour/maida.
- Take 2 teaspoons of grated lemon zest.
- Make ready 2/3 cup of lemon juice.
- Get 1/3 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
Instructions to make Perfect Lemon Bars:
- Line a 9 X 13 baking dish with parchment paper (base and height). I used the kneading paddle in the food processor to make the crust..
- Process flour, powdered sugar (make it at home by blending 1 cup sugar with 1 teaspoon of cornflour.The cornflour prevents the sugar from caking), cornstarch, salt and lemon zest and pulse until it's combined. Add butter and process to blend for 10 seconds. Then pulse till the mixture is light yellow colour and has the constancy of semolina (rava)/ cornmeal. Cornstarch gives the crust a melt-in-your-mouth consistency..
- Fill this mixture into the lined baking tray and flatten with your fingers or the bottom of a measuring cup. Cool this in the fridge for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked till the crust is golden brown..
- The lemon filling must be added to a warm crust, so be sure to prepare the filling while the crust bakes. Whisk eggs, sugar and flour. Add lemon juice, zest, milk and salt to this mixture and blend well..
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F. Pour the lemon filling on the warm crust and bake until the filling feels firm when touched lightly about 20 minutes. Transfer the bake along with the parchment paper on to a wire rack and let it cool for 20- 30 minutes or until done. The lemon bars firm in this cooling process. Sieve powdered sugar over it and cut into squares. If you prefer your lemon bars really sweet, increase the amount of sugar by a few tablespoons. Enjoy!.
- Cut into desired size: enjoy a refreshing treat.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food perfect lemon bars recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!