Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Bak Kut Teh (Pork Ribs Tea) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Bak Kut Teh (Pork Ribs Tea) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bak Kut Teh (Pork Ribs Tea) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Choosing to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are numerous health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Even though we’re constantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all likelihood, most people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing several modest changes.
These better food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It can likewise be good for your skin because it is an excellent source of vitamin E. It may be that you already feel that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. Organic foods are a great option and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemicals. Looking for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
All in all, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to bak kut teh (pork ribs tea) recipe. To cook bak kut teh (pork ribs tea) you only need 25 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Bak Kut Teh (Pork Ribs Tea):
- Get of Pork Soup Bone (Sin Guat).
- Prepare of Pork Ribs (Pai Guat).
- You need of Pork Shoulder (Jue Jiang).
- Take of Pork Throttle (Jue Shaou).
- Get of Chinese Herbs.
- Get of Sun Kee Ready Pack BKT.
- Prepare of Anglica Sinensis (Dong Guai).
- Prepare of Solomons Seal (Yuk Juk).
- You need of Codonopsis Root (Dong Sum).
- Provide of Rehmannia (Suk Dai).
- Use of Star Anise.
- Prepare of Cloves.
- You need Stick of Cinnamon.
- Prepare of Fennel Seeds.
- You need of Black Dates.
- Use of Wolfberries.
- Get of Licorice Root (Kum Chou).
- You need of Ingredients.
- Use 3 of Bulbs Smoke Garlic.
- Take 3 of Bulbs Normal Garlic.
- Prepare 2 pcs of thumb sized Ginger.
- You need of Seasoning.
- Get 6 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Use 3 tsp of rock salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of crystal sugar.
Steps to make Bak Kut Teh (Pork Ribs Tea):
- Bak Kut Teh herbs can be purchased from local Chinese herbal shop or super market. These herbs now comes with different brands. We mix a packet of ready made packet of mixed herbs in a sachet and picked some herbs from a local herbal shop for this. Some herbs make the soup black in color while some in light brown. Teo Chew BKT will be very light grey..
- Boil all the pork bones and meat in hot water for 20 minutes to remove scums, oil and smell. Set aside..
- Boil 3 litres of water in a pot with all the herbs and soup bone for 30 minutes..
- Put in the rest of the pork meat, garlic and ginger into the pot and boil for another 20 minutes. Add in salt and soy sauce and boil for another 10 minutes..
- Turn off fire. Let the pot cool down and keep in the fridge overnight. Alternatively if you have a keep warm thermos pot you can keep in there. This overnight process will marinate the herbal soup and seasoning into the meat..
- After overnight, boil the pot. When the pot is hot, add in sugar. Adjust to taste. The soup should taste little salty and sweet. Let it simmer in slow cook for 3 hours and serve. You can add in other optional items such as tofu pok, emoki mushroom or vege. Goes well with white rice and soy sauce with garlic and chili padi..
If you find this Bak Kut Teh (Pork Ribs Tea) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.