pita bread. Pita is actually a very straightforward bread dough: water, flour, yeast, salt, and that's about it. What makes it puff so impressively is the dual action of water turning to steam and the yeast becoming. Pita bread is simple to make, puffs up like a balloon, and like most other breads, it is best enjoyed fresh.
Pita bread will begin to puff up and fill with hot air. Stack cooked breads on a plate; when cool I tried making pita bread in the past and every time I failed miserably so of course I was skeptical that I. Pita bread is one of those things that seems super intimidating but actually is pretty easy to make.
Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, pita bread. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
pita bread is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. pita bread is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
Pita is actually a very straightforward bread dough: water, flour, yeast, salt, and that's about it. What makes it puff so impressively is the dual action of water turning to steam and the yeast becoming. Pita bread is simple to make, puffs up like a balloon, and like most other breads, it is best enjoyed fresh.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook pita bread using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make pita bread:
- Get 3 1/2 cup of bread flour + extra for dusting.
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 1/4 tsp of dry active yeast.
- Make ready 1 tsp of sugar.
- Make ready 1 tsp of olive oil/ vegetable oil.
- Take 1 1/3 cup of water.
It can be a little difficult to get the "pocket" feature, where the two side puff. Pita bread (also known as Arabic bread and Syrian bread) is a yeast-leavened flatbread common in Our recipe is intended to make a pita bread with pockets. And originally, we cooked the pita bread. This pita bread recipe is easy to make!
Steps to make pita bread:
- sift flour and salt together in a large bowl..
- combine yeast, sugar, and 1/3 cup very warm water- give a quick stir and set aside for 5 min. to activate yeast..
- make a well in the flour/ salt mixture and add the yeast, 1 cup warm water and the olive oil..
- gently stir to gather dough into a ball- you may need a little more water.
- turn out and need for 10 min..
- put into a lightly greased large bowl, cover and place in a warm spot for around 1 1/2 to 2 hrs..
- punch down and need to smooth.
- cut dough into 12 pieces, form into rounds, roll out and place on a dusted baking sheet, cover and let rest for 45 min..
- preheat oven to 500°F degrees.
- on a stone put on 2-3 on it for 4 min, flipping it over after 2 min..
- recommended to wet the towels with hot water for when you cover dough.
Here's how it goes: First, make the dough. Next, roll out the pita bread! A quick, easy recipe that yields pita that perfectly puffs up in the Simple Homemade Pita Bread! Pita bread is a staple in Middle Eastern food. Pita bread is served at just about every meal in the Middle East.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food pita bread recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!