Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, date squares!. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Date Squares! is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Date Squares! is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have date squares! using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Date Squares!:
- Take of Filling.
- Get 2 1/2 cup of Dates (pitted and chopped).
- Take 1 cup of Water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Lemon Juice.
- Take 1 tbsp of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- Make ready of Crisp.
- Get 1 3/4 cup of Rolled Oats.
- Take 1 cup of All Purpose Flour (I used Unbleached).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Baking Powder.
- Take 3/4 cup of Butter (Room Temp).
Instructions to make Date Squares!:
- Preheat oven to 350℉ and grease a square 8×8 baking pan and line the bottom with parchment paper (this makes sure the squares won't stick to the bottom on the pan).
- For the filling, in a saucepan bring the dates, water, lemon juice and brown sugar to a boil, add baking soda and let it simmer for 5 minutes (you should have a thickened date mixture and all the dates will have broken apart) take off heat and let it cool while preparing the crisp.
- In a large bowl combine together all ingredients except butter and mix these together well.
- Cut in the butter and mix together until you have a crumbled mixture.
- Firmly pack half of this mixture to the bottom of your pan.
- Next layer on all the cooled date filling.
- And sprinkle the remaining crisp on top and once all evenly coated, very gently press down to pack it a bit.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the top looks golden brown.
- Let it sit and cool for several hours before cutting the bars or they may fall apart if you cut them too soon!.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food date squares! recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!