Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cajun pork and lentils recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cajun pork and lentils recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Deciding to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that many people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing some simple changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food since you most likely pick out lots of items out of habit. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? A superb healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been shown to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. If this is not to your liking on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cajun pork and lentils recipe. To make cajun pork and lentils you need 28 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Cajun pork and lentils:
- Provide of lentils.
- Use of pork spare ribs strips, cut in small pieces.
- Provide of pork fat.
- Get of jon cajun seasoning.
- Use of salt.
- Use of garlic powder.
- Get of onion powder.
- Prepare of smoked paprika.
- Get of paprika powder.
- Use of ground black pepper.
- Provide of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare of thyme leaves.
- Take of dry oregano leaves.
- Take of cumin powder.
- You need of Mexican chili powder.
- Get of other ingredients.
- Take of diced onions.
- Provide of diced red peppers.
- Prepare of diced green pepper.
- Prepare of diced carrots.
- Prepare of diced celery.
- Prepare of chopped tomatoes or chunky tomato sauce.
- Prepare of minced garlic cloves.
- You need of Cajun seasoning.
- Take of diced potato.
- Provide of white wine.
- Prepare of + 1 cup. water.
- Prepare of salt.
Steps to make Cajun pork and lentils:
- Check the lentils for stones or any foreign objects. Place the lentils in a container, cover with plenty water and let them soak for a couple hours. In a bowl mix all the spices for the Cajun seasoning. Pad dry the ribs with paper towel and mix with 2½ teaspoons Cajun seasoning. Let them marinate for 1 hour. Save the rest of the seasoning for other Cajun recipes..
- Cut the vegetables and measure the rest of the ingredients. Heat up at moderate temperature a large frying pan and melt the pork fat. When some of the fat becomes brown, remove and reserve. Place the ribs in the frying pan and brown them on both sides. Remove to a deep pot..
- Add to the frying pan onion, garlic and brown them, trying to lose any particles sticking on the pan. Add the rest of the vegetables, brown pieces of pork fat and sweat them for 3 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning and cook for 1 minute. Add the vegetables and tomatoes to the pot with the ribs..
- Deglaze the frying pan with the wine or water and add to the ribs. Incorporate the water, bring it to a boil, lower the flame and let the ribs cook slowly for 45 minutes. Drain the soaking lentils. Add lentils, potatoes to ribs in the pot. Let boil the liquid, lower the flame and cook slowly for 25 to 30 minutes or until lentils are soft..
- Serve the soup with a bit chopped tomatoes and cilantro on top..
If you find this Cajun pork and lentils recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.