Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken Jambalaya recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Jambalaya recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. There are a lot of illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. Most likely, most people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, merely making some modest changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
These healthier food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, contain monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. If you currently consume a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a great alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken jambalaya recipe. To cook chicken jambalaya you need 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken Jambalaya:
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Use 1 of small onion diced ¼ inch (about 1/2 cup a little extra is great:).
- Take 1/2 of each red bell pepper diced ¼ inch.
- Use 1/2 of each green bell pepper diced ¼ inch.
- Get 1 of ribs celery, diced ¼ inch.
- Get 4 cloves of garlic, chopped fine.
- Provide 1 of bay leaf -remove at the end.
- You need 14.5 ounce of can diced tomatoes (use the juice).
- Get 2 of cups+ chicken broth or stock (you might add additional if needed).
- Provide 1 cup of long-grain rice.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of oregano.
- Get 1/4 teaspoons of thyme.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Use 1 1/2 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 5 tablespoon of Crystal hot sauce.
- Take 2 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- Use 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Provide 16 ounces of Chicken – cooked diced.
- Use 6 ounces of Andouille sausage slice ¼ inch (smoked spicy Cajun sausage).
- You need 1/4 teaspoons of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of Parsley chopped- add in the last 2 minutes before service.
Steps to make Chicken Jambalaya:
- Heat butter in a large 5 qt sauce pan or Dutch oven Add onion, red and green bell pepper, celery, and garlic. Saute over medium heat until onion is tender, about 10 minutes. (trying not to brown).
- Add everything except the parsley Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minute, or until rice is cooked. Stir as needed so as not to burn..
- Note you can add more Chicken broth if needed..
- Adjust seasoning as needed. Add chopped parsley in the last 2 minutes before service Remove the bay-leaf.
If you find this Chicken Jambalaya recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.
Leave a Reply