Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Arroz Con Pollo recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Arroz Con Pollo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Arroz Con Pollo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Although we’re incessantly being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. People typically assume that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing a few modest changes.
Initially, you should be very careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you no longer want to eat. As an example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it contains. Eating a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a regular part of your new healthy eating plan.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to arroz con pollo recipe. To cook arroz con pollo you need 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Arroz Con Pollo:
- Provide of boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- Prepare of Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Provide of Paprika or smoked sweet paprika.
- Take of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Prepare of large onion or 2 medium onions, chopped.
- Prepare of ribs celery, chopped.
- You need of bell peppers, 1 red and 1 green.
- Use of jalapenos, seeded and chopped.
- Use of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare of bay leaf.
- Prepare of large ripe heirloom or organic beefsteak tomato, cored and chopped.
- Prepare of saffron rice.
- Prepare of warm water or chicken stock, heated through.
Instructions to make Arroz Con Pollo:
- Season the chicken liberally with salt, pepper, and paprika. Pre-heat a large, shallow pan, then add 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil. Add the chicken an brown on all sides. Once browned, remove the chicken to a plate and drain off the fat..
- Add the remaining tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil to the pan. Add the onions, celery, bell peppers, hot peppers, garlic and bay leaf to the pan. Cook 5 to 6 minutes to soften up a bit..
- Add the tomatoes and rice, then stir in the water or stock. Add the chicken on top and cover the pot, cook 20-25 minutes, until rice is tender. Salt and pepper to taste. Alternatively, finish cooking the chicken in the oven at 375 for 10-15 minutes, then add to rice at the end..
- To reheat – To reheat: Add 1/2 cup stock or water, sprinkled around the pan. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Heat the dish in the oven until heated through..
If you find this Arroz Con Pollo recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.