Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, greek pastitsio. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Greek Pastitsio is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Greek Pastitsio is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook greek pastitsio using 32 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Greek Pastitsio:
- Make ready of Main Ingredients.
- Take of margarine, melted.
- Prepare of onion, chopped.
- Make ready of carrots, peeled & finely chopped.
- Get of celery, finely chopped.
- Take of crushed fresh garlic.
- Get of bay leaves.
- Make ready of chopped tomatoes.
- Take of tomato paste.
- Take of beef stock.
- Get of oregano.
- Get of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare of ground cloves.
- Prepare of ground cumin.
- Take of sugar.
- Take of Freshly ground black pepper.
- Take of Salt.
- Get of ground beef (80/20).
- Make ready of Pasta.
- Make ready of ziti, cooked.
- Take of egg, beaten.
- Make ready of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for topping.
- Take of Bechamel Sauce.
- Prepare of milk.
- Make ready of (2 sticks) margarine.
- Prepare of ground nutmeg.
- Get of all-purpose flour.
- Make ready of Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Take of paprika.
- Take of cheddar cheese.
- Get of eggs, beaten.
- Take of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Instructions to make Greek Pastitsio:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F..
- Meat Sauce Directions:.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the butter and saute onion, garlic, carrots, celery until soft and fragrant. Add the ground beef, stirring continuously, until all the meat is cooked and browned. Drain and add the tomatoes, paste, beef stock, bay leaves, herbs and sugar and simmer for a few minutes. Stir in salt & pepper to taste. Let simmer for about 20 minutes, then remove the bay leaves..
- For Pasta:.
- While the meat mixture is simmering, boil the pasta till al dente..
- Mix the beaten egg with the parmesan cheese and toss with cooked & drained pasta..
- For the Bechamel Sauce:.
- Heat the milk in medium saucepan over low heat. In separate medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the margarine, then add the flour and mix well. Stir in the heated milk one tablespoon at a time, and stir until smooth. Stir in spices & cheese. Season to taste. Keep warm until ready to use..
- To Assemble dish:.
- Spray a large casserole dish generously with nonstick spray. Combine pasta with half the Bechamel Sauce. Transfer half of the pasta to baking dish. Spread all the meat sauce over pasta. Cover with remaining pasta. Top with Bechamel Sauce and sprinkle with more grated Parmigiano. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from the oven and let rest about 5 minutes. Serve with salad and crust bread..
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food greek pastitsio recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!
Leave a Reply