Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Homemade Chicken and Dumplings recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Homemade Chicken and Dumplings recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Homemade Chicken and Dumplings recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Although we’re constantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most likely, a lot of people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by implementing a few simple changes.
You can get results without eliminating foods from your diet or make huge changes at once. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make major changes, but the most important thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating choices. Sooner or later, you will probably see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get used to the change. As with many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to go back to your old diet.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to homemade chicken and dumplings recipe. To cook homemade chicken and dumplings you need 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Homemade Chicken and Dumplings:
- You need 3-4 of large chicken breasts, cubed.
- Take 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 1 can of chicken broth (unsalted).
- Get of garlic salt (to taste).
- Prepare of Creole seasoning (to taste).
- You need 2.5 cups of flour.
- Use of cold water (1 cup?).
- Provide 1 cup of cooking oil.
Steps to make Homemade Chicken and Dumplings:
- In a large pot, heat 1/4 cup of oil and brown your chicken for about 7-10 minutes. Add onions during the last 3 minutes and lightly season with garlic salt and Creole seasoning. Chicken will not be completely cooked. Remove from heat..
- In a large skillet, heat remaining cooking oil and add up to 1/2 cup of cooking oil to make a light brown roux. Do NOT make a dark brown one like you would for a gumbo! Remove from heat once completed..
- Combine remaining flour and enough water to make a firm but sticky ball of dough. Tap water is fine. Feel free season your dough slightly with garlic salt and Creole seasoning..
- Return chicken to heat. Turn up to medium high and add chicken broth and 3-4 cans of water and roux. While temp is rising, pull dumpling sized bits from dough ball by hand and drop into pot..
- Once near boiling, turn down to medium low. Add more water by can if too thick for your taste and you want to thin it out some. Cook for an additional 10-15 min..
- Enjoy as a stand alone or serve over rice!.
Your family will think you were working for hours making homemade dumplings — so don't tell them our little secret. Place a heaped teaspoon of the chicken mixture in the centre of each wrapper. Holding the wrapper in your hand, fold it over to form a half-moon shape. While soup is simmering, make dumplings: In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Combine flour, broth, baking powder and eggs; mix well to form a stiff batter.
If you find this Homemade Chicken and Dumplings recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.