Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup.
Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, black bean (w/ ham) soup. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook black bean (w/ ham) soup using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup:
- Get of dried black beans.
- Make ready of olive or vegetable oil.
- Prepare of medium yellow onion, chopped.
- Make ready of green bell pepper, chopped.
- Get of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare of tomato paste.
- Make ready of smoked ham hock.
- Get of vegetable stock.
- Get of bay leaf.
- Get of cumin.
- Get of coriander.
- Make ready of thyme.
- Take of paprika.
- Make ready of cooked ham, cubed.
- Take of dry sherry.
- Get of salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup:
- Soak the black beans and prep according to the package direction. [For a quick soak, use the boiling water method.].
- In a large pot over medium heat, begin heating the oil and sauté the onions and bell pepper until tender, about 5-6 minutes. Add the garlic and sweat them for 30 seconds..
- Add the tomato paste and mix all the ingredients well..
- Pour in the vegetable broth and then add the drained beans, ham hock and the bay leaf..
- Bring to a slight boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Add the cumin, coriander, thyme, and paprika. Partially cover the pot and cook for about 2 hours until the beans are tender..
- Remove the ham bone and shred off any meat. Set aside. Allow the soup to cool for a few minutes..
- Depending on desired consistency (smooth or chunky), you can puree the soup by using a handheld immersion blender or in batches with a blender..
- Add the cooked ham and shredded meat to the soup in the pot. Season with salt and pepper (to taste) and add the sherry. Cook for 15 minutes on medium heat uncovered to heat through..
- Serve with toppings of choice such as sour cream or yogurt, green onions, chopped hard-boiled egg, etc. Serve with some crusty bread..
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food black bean (w/ ham) soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!