Grandmothers Pastie (pass-tee) recipe.
Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, grandmothers pastie (pass-tee) recipe. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Grandmothers Pastie (pass-tee) recipe is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Grandmothers Pastie (pass-tee) recipe is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook grandmothers pastie (pass-tee) recipe using 13 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Grandmothers Pastie (pass-tee) recipe:
- Take of crust.
- Get of flour.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of cold water.
- Make ready of crisco.
- Get of filling.
- Take of ground chuck.
- Prepare of chopped onion.
- Get of diced rutabaga or carrots.
- Get of diced potatoes.
- Get of salt.
- Get of black pepper.
- Get of dried parsley or 1/3 c fresh.
Steps to make Grandmothers Pastie (pass-tee) recipe:
- cut Crisco shortening into flour and salt mixture.
- add water.
- mix and knead well.
- form into four balls of equal size.
- chill dough balls in refrigerator for 1hour.
- after chilling roll balls into 8 inch circles using plenty of flour to prevent sticking.
- brush edges with milk.
- mix f8long ingredients together.
- put 1 cup filling on one side of rolled out dough.
- fold over and seal edge by rolling it over it pressing with a fork.
- cut a small slit in top of each Pastie for steam.
- brush top with milk.
- put on cookie sheet and bake on lower oven rack 25 min.
- then middle oven rack 20 minutes.
- remove from oven and cool 15 minutes before serving.
- some people like brown gravey or ketchup on their pasties I prefer mine plain.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food grandmothers pastie (pass-tee) recipe recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!