Spam and Egg Sushi Roll.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, spam and egg sushi roll. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Spam and Egg Sushi Roll is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Spam and Egg Sushi Roll is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have spam and egg sushi roll using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Spam and Egg Sushi Roll:
- Take of Spam or Spam Lite cut into 1" strips.
- Take of soy sauce.
- Get of oyster sauce.
- Take of sugar.
- Prepare of eggs.
- Get of cooked sushi/sticky rice.
- Prepare of rice vinegar.
- Make ready of cucumbers and/or carrots cut into 1/2"strips.
- Prepare of mayonnaise (use Japanese mayo like Kewpie if you can).
- Prepare of Nori/seaweed.
- Make ready of Salt and pepper.
- Make ready of Dipping sauce: soy sauce and wasabi.
- Take of water to seal Nori roll.
- Make ready of Bamboo mat and cling wrap to cover it.
- Get of Optional: 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds.
Instructions to make Spam and Egg Sushi Roll:
- In a bowl, while cooked rice is still hot, mix with rice vinegar, toasted sesame seeds (optional) and about 2-3 tablespoons of sugar. Save the rest of the sugar for spam marinade. Set aside..
- In a separate bowl, stir together soy sauce, oyster sauce, and remaining sugar until sugar is completely dissolved. Marinate cut spam in sauce for at least 5 minutes. Fry/cook spam for 2-3 minutes on each side..
- Beat eggs and cook just like how you would cook scrambled eggs (add salt and pepper to taste). Cut cooked scrambled eggs in 1" strips..
- Place Nori/seaweed sheet smooth/shiny side down. Place and spread a small amount of rice to a quarter of an inch thickness (about 3-4 tablespoons, we don't want to add too much as it might get too thick and difficult to roll). Make sure to leave about 2 inches of nori/seaweed sheet on the far end without rice to be able to seal it shut (by wetting it a little) after rolling..
- Assemble other ingredients like cut spam, egg, cucumbers and/or carrots on top of the rice. Add a little bit of mayonnaise. Roll Nori making sure to apply pressure to tighten the roll. Use a bamboo mat with cling wrap on top to help with the rolling process..
- To serve, cut each roll into eight pieces. Arrange sushi slices on platter. Decorate by squeezing mayonnaise on top. Chill and serve with dipping sauce..
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food spam and egg sushi roll recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!