Gorda's Cali style beer battered fish tacos.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, gorda's cali style beer battered fish tacos. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Gorda's Cali style beer battered fish tacos is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Gorda's Cali style beer battered fish tacos is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have gorda's cali style beer battered fish tacos using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Gorda's Cali style beer battered fish tacos:
- Make ready of beer battered fish.
- Make ready of skinless & boneless fish fillets cut into strips (I like Cod or halibut for this but I have also used mahi mahi, snapper & tilapia which all work well).
- Prepare of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of salt.
- Get of black pepper.
- Make ready of mustard powder.
- Prepare of beer.
- Take of oil for frying.
- Make ready of Corn Tortillas *1per fish taco*.
- Prepare of finely shredded cabbage.
- Take of *OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS* (Diced white onions, tomatoes & limes can be used for garnish along with the cabbage already listed).
- Take of Chipotle cream sauce.
- Make ready of Crema Mexicana (can use sour cream *I like Daisy light sour cream*.
- Make ready of Chipotles in adobo sauce. *add to your liking (may add chopped chipotles to crema sauce if desired).
Instructions to make Gorda's Cali style beer battered fish tacos:
- In large mixing bowl combine Flour, salt, black pepper, mustard powder & beer. Mix well till forms semi thick batter..
- Get pot ready for frying & put enough oil to fry fish in & heat till very hot *about 375°F if checking with thermometer* I used a heavy bottom sauce pan..
- Dip each piece of fish in batter (let excess batter drain off) & slowly slide in hot oil. Do not crowd pot, fry only about 3 pieces at a time. Fry till golden crispy about 2-3 minutes per side. Drain excess oil on paper towels..
- Heat pan to warm up tortillas. Heat till pliable (about half minute on both sides). Stack warm tortillas on a plate and cover till finished warming the rest..
- To make the Chipotle cream sauce:Put half cup of Crema Mexicana(OR sour cream & remember you can also use mayo to make a chipotle mayo sauce) in bowl big enough to get your mix on. Add adobo sauce from chipotles to crema & mix well. The more adobo sauce you add the hotter cream sauce will be. If you can handle heat you can also use some of the Chipotles. Just remove the seeds, finely chop and mix it right in. This can also be done in a food processor for a smoother consistency. For easy storage, I just mix everything up in the same container the crema or sour cream came in..
- To assemble fish taco: Put warm tortillas on plate & place piece of fish in center, drizzle a bit of the chipotle crema (or chipotle mayo) on fish then top with cabbage & other optional ingredients, add more crema to your liking and don't forget to squeeze some lime on them bad boys! Enjoy!!!.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food gorda's cali style beer battered fish tacos recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Leave a Reply