Vegan kimchi. The perfect healthy side to While traditional kimchi recipes call for fish sauce, we have officially created this delicious vegan. This vegan kimchi recipe is inspired by temple kimchi, but it's definitely NOT temple kimchi. There are five forbidden vegetables in temple cooking, and garlic and scallions are two of them.
Therefore it is NOT a vegan. Learn how to make authentic Vegan Kimchi thats as delicious as the traditional version using this easy method! Full of gut-healthy probiotics, this recipe is fish free, gluten free and covers everything you.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, vegan kimchi. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Vegan kimchi is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Vegan kimchi is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
The perfect healthy side to While traditional kimchi recipes call for fish sauce, we have officially created this delicious vegan. This vegan kimchi recipe is inspired by temple kimchi, but it's definitely NOT temple kimchi. There are five forbidden vegetables in temple cooking, and garlic and scallions are two of them.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have vegan kimchi using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Vegan kimchi:
- Make ready 1 of Nappa cabbage (about 2-2.5kg).
- Take 150 g of salt.
- Get 2 Tbsp of red miso.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 200 g of carrot shredded.
- Prepare 100 g of grated peeled apple.
- Prepare 1 bunch of chives.
- Get 30 g of ginger (finely grated).
- Make ready 30 g of garlic (finely grated).
- Get 50 g of agave syrup.
- Get 5 g of kombu (dried seaweed).
- Take 100 g of Korean chili powder.
- Prepare 20 g of mochi-ko or glutinous rice flour.
- Get 200 g of water.
- Make ready of Latex or plastic gloves.
This easy vegan kimchi recipe is pungent, spicy and smoky just like the real thing! There are a few steps to making this dish but I promise you they are easy and stress-free! This kimchi will get more and more sour as it ages. Unfortunately, traditional kimchi is not vegan… not even vegetarian!
Instructions to make Vegan kimchi:
- Soak dried kombu seaweed in a small amount of water for about 3 min until soft enough to shread by scissors. Shread them very thinly and cut them into about half length of matchsticks. Wipe off any water and set aside. (The image is the dried kombu before soaking in water).
- Cut nappa cabbage into 4 pieces. Using your hand with 150g of salt, grab salt and rub it thoroughly on each layer of Nappa cabbage..
- Line up the salted nappa cabbage in a large container(Could use a large pot or a pan that has depth) and put a plate or catting board and place heavy weight to extract moisture from cabbage. Leave it for about 1 hour or so..
- Grate the garlic, ginger and peeled apple. Shread the carrot finely, and cut the chives into the same size of carrot. In a large bowl, combine them together with shredded kombu, 2tbs of miso, sesame oil and Korean chilli powder..
- Using small cooking pot cook the mixture of 20g of mochi-ko (glutinous rice flour) and 200ml of water with medium low heat until it forms glue like texture and thickness. Make sure to constantly mix when cooking. (This will be a binder for all ingredients in the bowl for making kimchi seasoning paste).
- Pour the sticky mochi-ko mixture into the bowl with all the ingredients and mix well. Now your kimchi seasoning paste is ready. Set aside..
- Squeeze out water and rinse cabbage in water throughly. Squeeze out water well and tight after rinsing..
- Wear plastic gloves. Spread the kimch seasoning paste on every layer of the drained nappa cabbage leaves. Try not to break apart the leaves..
- When all the layers are coverd by paste, gently put it in a container. Place plastic wrap to cover the kimchi and seal and leave it in room temperature for a day..
- Keep it in refrigerator and rest it for another 2-3days, then ready to cut and eat. It will last for about one month when kept in fridge..
- Note: Korean chili powder can be found at Korean grocery store. Kombu seaweed, mochi-ko(or glutinous rice flour) and red miso can be found at Japanese/Korean/Chinese grocery store..
- If you are not vegan, could add 2 tbsp of Thai fish sauce into the kimchi seasoning paste for deeper flavor..
Even though it seems Making kimchi requires a bit of prep and a few different steps. I would say there are four main steps to this. Vegan kimchi is very simple to make. It's also full of beneficial bacteria and cheap to make. Check out this complete recipe and video.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food vegan kimchi recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!