Capitol Hill Bean Soup.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, capitol hill bean soup. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Capitol Hill Bean Soup is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. Capitol Hill Bean Soup is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook capitol hill bean soup using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Capitol Hill Bean Soup:
- Make ready 1 pound of dried white navy beans, sorted of debris and rinsed.
- Take 1 of (about 1-lb.) ham bone or uncured ham hock (I used the center bone with lots of meat from the ham dinner we had the day before).
- Get 2 1/2 quarts of water (10 cups).
- Prepare 1 of large russet potato (about 8 oz.).
- Take 3 cups of chopped celery (about 6 stalks).
- Get 3 cups of chopped yellow onion (about 3 medium onions).
- Make ready 1-3 of Garlic clove, minced.
- Get 3 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- Get 3/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Take 1/4 cup of chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley.
Instructions to make Capitol Hill Bean Soup:
- Place beans in a Dutch oven or large casserole; add water to cover, and soak 8 hours or overnight. Drain beans. Add ham bone and water. Cover and bring to a boil over high; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 1 hour..
- Rinse potato; pierce with a fork, and wrap potato in a paper towel. Microwave on HIGH until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes; peel and mash potato. Stir potato, celery, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper into bean mixture; simmer over medium-low until beans are tender, about 1 hour..
- Remove ham bone from Dutch oven, and let stand until cool enough to handle, about 20 minutes. Remove and discard bone and fat; dice meat, and stir into bean mixture. Top each serving with chopped parsley.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food capitol hill bean soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!