Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sticky Rice Chicken Dumplings Wrapped in Banana Leaf recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sticky Rice Chicken Dumplings Wrapped in Banana Leaf recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that offer You Power.
Wholesome eating encourages a feeling of well being. If we eat more healthy foods and a lesser amount of of the unhealthy ones we generally feel much better. A bit of pizza does not cause you to feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. This can be a problem, nevertheless, with regards to eating between goodies. Shopping for goodies can be a difficult task because you have so many options. Here are a few healthy snacks which you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
Eating almonds is a fantastic option as long as you do not have a nut allergy. Almonds are sometimes considered a super food because they are packed full of things that help boost our vigor while keeping us healthy. Almonds are a natural supply of B vitamins as well as other vitamins and minerals. Almonds, like turkey, have the enzyme tryptophan which can often make you sleepy. But when you eat almonds, you do not feel like you should sleep a while. Instead they will just help your muscles and digestive system relax while also helping you feel less burned out. Sometimes eating almonds could even be a mood increaser!
You do not have to look far to discover a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sticky rice chicken dumplings wrapped in banana leaf recipe. To make sticky rice chicken dumplings wrapped in banana leaf you need 20 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sticky Rice Chicken Dumplings Wrapped in Banana Leaf:
- Use 4 of chicken thighs, skinless and boneless, cut into small 1/4" chunks.
- Prepare 1 of chicken breast, skinless, cut into 1/4" chunks.
- You need of Marinade.
- Provide 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Take 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 2 of shallots, sliced thin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sake.
- Get 1 tbsp of chili-garlic sauce.
- Get 1/4 tsp of chinese five spice.
- You need 1/4 tsp of fish sauce.
- Provide 1 tsp of fresh ground pepper.
- Get 1 tbsp of ginger paste or minced ginger.
- Get 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of corn starch.
- Take 2 cups of thai sticky rice (see description for notes).
- Take 200 g of shiitake mushrooms, destemmed and sliced thin.
- Use 3 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Take 3 tbsp of peanut oil (or other frying oil).
- You need 3 of large banana leaves.
- Take of bamboo skewerd.
Steps to make Sticky Rice Chicken Dumplings Wrapped in Banana Leaf:
- Combine chicken, shallots and marinade ingredients in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for one hour up to 4 hours..
- Put rice in a large bowl and submerge fully in water. Let soak for at least one hour up to 3..
- After at least an hour of soaking, drain the water from the rice and add 2 cups fresh water and 2 tbsp soy sauce. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to barely maintain a simmer. Cover the rice and cook for 20 minutes..
- Put 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil and peanut oil each in a wok over medium high heat. When the oil starts to smoke add half of the mushrooms. Cook until golden brown. Remove and set aside. Then do the other half of the mushrooms..
- Reduce heat to medium and add another 1/2 tsp of each of the oils and add 1/3 of chicken mix. Cook until golden brown..
- We are cooking in batches as to not crowd the pan. So you'll repeat thos twice more with thw remaining chicken. When the pan gets dry add a couple tablespoons of sake rather than oil..
- Combine the stir fried chicken and mushrooms. Toss and set aside..
- While you're waiting for the rice to finish prepare your banana leaves. Cut 4 sheets about 18 inches long and another four sheets about 10 inches long..
- After 20 minutes test the rice for doneness by scooping out a small hole in the middle. If all the water is done you're good to go. Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature..
- Place one long sheet and one short sheet of leaf down on a flat surafce perpendicular to each other..
- Take a handful of rice and pat it down into a circular base. You're looking for about 1/4 inch thick and 8 inches in diameter..
- Spoon the chicken mix onto the rice. Leave about 1/4 inch around the perimeter of the rice uncovered..
- Take another handful and cover the chicken, making a dome..
- Fold the sides of the banana leaves in lengrhwise..
- Bring in the top of the leaf as of you were folding a present. Secure by weaving the skewere through the layers of leaves. Break off the excess..
- Repeat with the bottom..
- Finish the other 3 dumplings. You can now refrigerate these for up to four days, or go straight to heating if you're ready to eat..
- Heat the banana leaves over low heat on a grill. About 10 minutes each side. Alternatively you can put the leaves in an oven at 325F for 20 minutes..
Sticky rice dumplings (zongzi in Chinese) are common throughout Southeast Asia―both savory and sweet versions. This savory recipe is like having a full meal all wrapped up in one neat little package, featuring a healthy chicken and shiitake mushroom filling wrapped up in banana leaves and either. These rice dumplings are just how I like. Ingredients list, step-by-step instructions & recipe notes, view full recipe here http://www.huangkitchen.com/chicken-sticky-rice-dumplings/ SUBSCRIBE TO. The leaf-wrapped sticky rice dumplings zongzi (in Mandarin) or joong (Cantonese) are a snack enjoyed year-round in China, though they are especially popular in the spring.
If you find this Sticky Rice Chicken Dumplings Wrapped in Banana Leaf recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.