Sorghum Popcorn Bhel. A quick and easy bhel recipe made using kaccha jowar or sorghum. Pop sorghum grain on the stove in a pot or in a stovetop popcorn popper. Popped sorghum is a healthy snack traditional to India and a fabulous alternative for those who are allergic to popcorn or just want to mix.
You can pop sorghum in all the same ways you can pop corn, with a few tweaks to accommodate its distinct kernel. The easiest way is probably in. Popped sorghum is a popular snack in India, where it is called jowar dhani.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, sorghum popcorn bhel. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
A quick and easy bhel recipe made using kaccha jowar or sorghum. Pop sorghum grain on the stove in a pot or in a stovetop popcorn popper. Popped sorghum is a healthy snack traditional to India and a fabulous alternative for those who are allergic to popcorn or just want to mix.
Sorghum Popcorn Bhel is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Sorghum Popcorn Bhel is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook sorghum popcorn bhel using 20 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Sorghum Popcorn Bhel:
- Make ready of For spicy sorghum popcorn:.
- Get 1 bowl of sorghum popcorn/ Jowar dhani.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil.
- Take 1/4 tsp of tumeric powder.
- Get 1 pinch of asafoetida hing.
- Take 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Get to taste of Salt.
- Take of Other ingredients:.
- Take 1 cup of puff rice/ mumura (optional).
- Take 1 of small boiled potato peel and chopped.
- Take 1 of small onion finely chopped.
- Take 1 of small tomato finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of fried or roasted rice khichiya papad.
- Get of Red khajur dates chutney as required.
- Make ready of Spicy green bhel chutney as required.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of roasted peanuts.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of besan spicy sev.
- Get of Besan sev to garnish.
- Prepare of Chaat masala as per taste.
- Get of Finely chopped fresh coriander leaves to garnish.
This recipe can be found on our bags of Whole Grain Sorghum. Not recommended for use in an air popper. Zimmern found that Ethiopians popped sorghum grains to produce a no-fat snack that looks attractive and is healthy to boot. That wasn't the case with the sorghum popcorn he found in Ethiopia.
Steps to make Sorghum Popcorn Bhel:
- To make spicy sorghum popcorn. In kadhai add heat oil,add asafoetida, tumeric powder and salt. Add shorgum popcorn and red chilli powder. Mix well and saute on slow flame till crispy..
- In mixing bowl add spicy sorghum popcorn, puff rice, hand crushed rice papad,chopped potato,onion, tomato, spicy sev, peanuts, khajur chutney and spicy green chutney as per taste,chat masala. Mix well..
- Serve/ Relish Delicious Sorghum Popcorn Bhel garnish with besan sev, chopped coriander leaves immediately..
A wide variety of sorghum popcorn options are available to you, such as after-sales service provided. See more ideas about Sorghum, Sorghum syrup, Sorghum recipes. Learn how to manage sorghum crops, including the recommended varieties, and when and how to harvest the sorghum. Popped sorghum is much smaller than popped corn, but with a very similar delicious light crunch. My adventure with popped sorghum led me to explore whether other grains could also be popped.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food sorghum popcorn bhel recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!