Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The worst part is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the conclusion of the day, the majority of us want to go home, not to the gym. People crave salty and sweet, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You will be delighted to discover that getting healthy doesn’t have to be hard. With training you can get all of the nutritional requirements and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some of the best techniques to be healthy and balanced.
Go up the stairs. Walk up the stairs to where you live or work instead of using the elevator. This isn’t as effortless to do if you work on a very high floor but if you work on a lower floor, using the stairs is a superb way to get some extra exercise. Even if you do live or work on one of the top floors, you can still get off of the elevator early and climb up the stairs the rest of the way. Lots of people choose the easy elevator ride instead of making an effort on the stairs. Even just a single flight of stairs, when walked up or down a few times a day–can be a great improvement to your system.
There are plenty of things you can go after to become healthy. Not all of them require fancy gym memberships or restrained diets. You can do small things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being smart about the decisions you make each day is a start. Wanting to get in as much physical exercise as possible is another. Remember: being healthy and balanced isn’t just about reducing your weight. You need to make your body as strong it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to jerk chicken w/ black bean pineapple salsa recipe. You can cook jerk chicken w/ black bean pineapple salsa using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa:
- Take 4 cups of cooked rice.
- Get of Black Bean Pineapple Salsa.
- Use 2 cups of pineapple tidbits.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz.) of can black beans, well rinsed.
- Take 1/3 cup of finely diced red onion.
- Use 1/2 cup of coarsely chopped cilantro.
- Get 1 of lime.
- Use 1 pinch of crushed red pepper.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of salt, or to taste.
- Use of Jerk Chicken.
- Prepare 2 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2/3 lb. each).
- Use 1 Tbsp of jerk seasoning.
- Use 1 Tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 2 Cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 2 of Sweet Peppers, halved.
Instructions to make Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa:
- Begin cooking your rice first..
- While the rice is cooking, prepare the pineapple black bean salsa. Coarsely chop the pineapple tidbits into smaller pieces, similar in size to the black beans. Place the chopped pineapple, rinsed black beans, diced red onion, and chopped cilantro in a large bowl..
- Squeeze the juice of half the lime (about 1 Tbsp) over the ingredients in the bowl. Also add 1/4 tsp salt and a pinch of red pepper flakes (optional). Stir the ingredients together, give it a taste, and add more salt or lime juice if needed. Any unused lime will be cut into wedges for squeezing over the chicken before serving..
- Next, prepare the jerk chicken. Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel. Place a piece of plastic wrap over the chicken to eliminate splatter, then gently pound the chicken breasts into an even thickness using either a rolling pin or a mallet. Sprinkle the jerk seasoning over both sides of the chicken and use your hands to rub it into the surface, making sure they're completely coated..
- Add the cooking oil to a large skillet, or preheat your grill. Once hot, add the chicken and garlic, and cook until well browned on both sides, and the chicken is completely cooked through (about 7 minutes each side). Add the sweet peppers after the first flip so it can pair the juices and turn half way through second side. It should no longer be pink in the center and the juices should run clear..
- For extra safety, use an instant ready meat thermometer and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF..
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a clean cutting board and let it rest for five minutes. After five minutes, slice the chicken into 1/2-wide strips..
- To serve, place about a cup of cooked rice on a plate, or in your meal prep container, top with about a cup of the pineapple black bean salsa, and a few strips of the jerk chicken. Slice the remaining lime into wedges and squeeze fresh juice over the chicken just before eating..
- Serve and enjoy!.
If you find this Jerk Chicken w/ Black Bean Pineapple Salsa recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.