Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. There are numerous illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to follow a more healthy lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most people typically think that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out several small changes.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to understand that you do not need to change everything straightaway or that you need to altogether eliminate certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make considerable changes, but the most vital thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating choices. As you become accustomed to the taste of healthy foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than before. As with many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to go back to your old diet.
As you can see, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta recipe. You can have slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta:
- Use of dried hurst 15 bean soup mix with seasoning packet.
- Use of Optional 👇.
- You need of baking soda plus enough water to soak beans overnight.
- Prepare of diced ham or 2 to 3 ham hocks.
- Take of small yellow onion diced.
- Provide of carrots peeled and diced.
- Get of celery peeled and diced.
- Take of garlic minced.
- You need of butter.
- You need of dried basil.
- Provide of black pepper.
- Take of dried thyme.
- Use of bay leaf.
- Use of water.
- Use of low sodium chicken broth.
- Provide of can Italian flavored diced tomatoes or use petite >.
- You need of tomatoes with 1 tsp. Italian seasonings mixed in.
- You need of salt.
- Use of chopped kale.
- Get of lemon juiced.
- Take of hot sauce.
- You need of (Optional)1 1/2 cups ditalina pasta.
- Prepare of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
Steps to make Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta:
- Place the beans in a colander and sort out any debris, rinse beans and either add to slow cooker or to a pot and cover with water and add 1 teaspoon baking soda and let it sit overnight it's optional but i prefer it..
- If you soaked the beans give them a quick rinse and add to slow cooker.
- Add in ham, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, butter, basil, thyme, pepper, bay leaf, broth and water.
- Cover slow cooker and don't open lid while cooking. Set on high for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours remove bay leaf and shred ham hocks if used and discard bone and add in tomatoes, hot sauce, kale, salt, lemon juice and pasta if adding. Stir up and cover and cook for 20 more minutes and then stir in flavor packet that was in with the beans. Serve and top with some Parmesan cheese if desired. It's also great with buttered cornbread on the side. Enjoy !.
If you find this Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.