How to Make Homemade Pork Ribs & Water Spinach in Tamarind Broth – Filipino Sinigang
Pork Ribs & Water Spinach in Tamarind Broth – Filipino Sinigang.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, pork ribs & water spinach in tamarind broth – filipino sinigang. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Pork Ribs & Water Spinach in Tamarind Broth – Filipino Sinigang is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. Pork Ribs & Water Spinach in Tamarind Broth – Filipino Sinigang is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook pork ribs & water spinach in tamarind broth – filipino sinigang using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Pork Ribs & Water Spinach in Tamarind Broth – Filipino Sinigang:
- Get of small dried bay/laurel leaves (optional).
- Make ready of small knob of ginger (optional).
- Make ready of water.
- Make ready of large onion, quarted.
- Get of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Make ready of Knorr Pork broth cube.
- Make ready of k or more of Pork (ribs or bone-in parts), rubbed with salt.
- Prepare of large tomato, sliced.
- Get of long green/finger chili.
- Make ready of small pouch (good for 1L water) Knorr Tamarind / Sinigang Soup Mix.
- Prepare of small white radish, sliced in circles.
- Prepare of green beans or string beans, sliced bite size.
- Take of large okras, cut in 3s.
- Prepare of kangkung / kangkong / water spinach, cut into bite size.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Take of Other veggies you can add- sliced eggplant and taro (gabi).
Steps to make Pork Ribs & Water Spinach in Tamarind Broth – Filipino Sinigang:
- Note: My steps may be different from other cooks, but it's the same taste all around. What's important is to soften the pork and make the soup rich with veggies..
- Boil water in a large pot with bay leaves and ginger. These two are non-traditional. I like using it. Meanwhile, prep the veggies..
- Once boiling, drop in the pork cube, onions and garlic. Let simmer until the cube dissolves before adding the pork. Don't forget to rub salt on the pork. Boil for 20 mins then add the tomatoes and green chili. Continue boiling for 10 mins..
- Stir in the tamarind soup mix. Drop in the hard veggies (okra, radish, beans) and continue cooking for 5 more minutes. (Beans in pic should be cut, but I fished these out to eat separately hehe).
- Drop in the Kangkung stalks (thick parts) to cook a few minutes longer. I like the stalks actually. 🙂 Taste and adjust sourness (add water to lessen) and saltiness. Other cooks use fish sauce, I use salt on this..
- Finally, place the Kangkong leaves and on top, then cover and turn off heat. It will cook in its residual heat.
- Plate and serve while hot. Best spooned over rice ;).
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food pork ribs & water spinach in tamarind broth – filipino sinigang recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!